Pay Range: $21 to $25/hr.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Health & Wellness Director, the Core Personal Trainer, is responsible for designing, collaborating and implementing exercise programs on an individual basis according to the needs and goals of the member. Personal trainers are responsible for executing weekly revenue generating individualized and/or group training sessions. The position is responsible for demonstrating YMCA leadership competencies to ensure the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester are conveyed.
• Develop, implement and instruct a variety of personal training and/or group training sessions for members. Provide encouragement and expertise to members in support of their health and well-being goals.
• Schedule, track and mark attendance for each personal training client using Mind Body.
• Responsible for revenue generation by promoting and selling personal training programs and services while achieving monthly session goal.
• Administer, track and evaluate health history questionnaires, fitness assessments and other pre-participation documentation with regard to individual exercise programs.
• Follow Wellness Center floor expectations when not scheduled for personal training, group training or performing a wellness consultation.
• Provide superior and impeccable customer service to members, program participants, and guests.
• Regularly check all equipment to ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness. Report equipment in need of repair to supervisor immediately, follow branch repair procedures.
• Adhere to all YMCA guidelines and expectations which includes but is not limited to providing safe sessions and responding to and reporting any accidents or incidents.
• Attend all required meetings and training.
• Maintain all required certifications.
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in Health/Exercise Science or related field preferred.
• Possess a current nationally recognized Personal Training Certification from ONE of the following organizations: ACSM, ACE, NSCA or NASM.
• High level of attention to detail and quality of programming, service and facilities.
• Demonstrated ability to work with all ages of individuals and groups at all ability levels.
• Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, maturity and must be able to work independently.
• CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
The job skills required for Personal Trainer include Customer Service, CPR, First aid, Communication Skills, Programming, Leadership etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Personal Trainer. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Personal Trainer. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.