1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an energetic and customer-focused Financial Analyst for our Smith-Blair site in Texarkana. This position will be responsible for providing financial management, oversight, internal controls, and guidance at our Texarkana Arkansas facility.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform monthly closing duties which include reviewing financial statements, producing management reports, completing variance analysis, entering journal entries, performing account reconciliations and other responsibilities to ensure financial statements are accurate and complete in accordance with US GAAP
- Partner with site leadership to provide finance support on various projects/processes
- Evaluate, forecast, and prioritize investments in personnel, operating expenses, capital expenses, continuous improvement projects, and productivity initiatives
- Communicate, model, and translate changes in business activities into meaningful insights and adjustments to future financial forecasts
- Engage with stakeholders regarding business strategy, spending initiatives, capital expenditures, and working capital during monthly, quarterly, and annual planning
- Produce and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual results to forecasts and ensure all operations are performing to expectations
- Prepare analyses and presentations on variances to budgets, forecasts, and latest updates
- Transform local finance processes to automate and more easily gather financial data
- Responsible for internal control compliance (SOX) at the Texarkana site
- Collaborate with accounting/ERP/IT teams on process improvement projects
- Provide oversight and management of weekly status meetings of operations labor and overhead spending to track efficiencies and optimize conversion cost
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Other ad-hoc duties and analyses as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting, Finance or Equivalent Experience
- MBA, CMA, CPA a plus
- Experience with Oracle and OneStream a plus
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing or similar Accounting / Finance experience
- Excellent financial and business acumen
- Ability to present data using visualizations and through concise written and oral communication
- Understanding of accounting standards under U.S. GAAP
- Manufacturing cost accounting experience and/or working knowledge of cost accounting
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects
- Proficiency using Excel and other technical tools to analyze / synthesize data
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- High attention to detail and a desire for continuous improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a professional attitude and demeanor
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.