XPECT Solutions, Inc.
has built a strong reputation by supporting our clients in meeting their strategic goals and mission objectives. We provide high quality resources for a wide range of IT and security solutions at best-value pricing. Our success is built on a solid foundation of well-vetted, highly technical personnel, a disciplined project management approach, and an overarching commitment to customer service. We develop, test, deploy, and support exceptional solutions that enhance system functionality, while maximizing reliability and availability, and ensure the tightest security.
XPECT Solutions is seeking an Firewall Engineer to support our team in Huntsville, Alabama. The candidate will be part of a Network Engineering team for our Federal customer, managing network access controls and admission and network transport compliance and engineering standards enforcement. These support services are for a network transport infrastructure consisting of unclassified, classified, and top-secret networks. The team ensures the availability of a reliable/robust network transport infrastructure that provides data protection for information delivered across strategic, operational and tactical boundaries.
The candidate will be responsible for managing network access controls and admission and network transport compliance and engineering standards enforcement functions, as well as network security management and change management, along with other associated programmatic support for emerging network transport technologies.
- Manage network access controls/admission, network transport compliance and engineering standards enforcement functions, network transport security management/change management, along with other associated programmatic support for emerging network transport technologies.
- Management and configuration of the multi-vendor Network Admission Control (NAC) solutions for the multi-enclave, multi-classification network infrastructure
- Prepare and coordinate configuration control board directives, waivers, and deviations, and maintain accurate, complete, and current configuration management data.
- Manage changes to the control environment, preparation for audits; guide control owners in properly documenting their control activities and confirm readiness of controls for audit and/or certification.
- Establish and refine operational processes and controls currently in place, while assisting with linking policy, standard operating procedures (SOPs), controls, monitoring and reporting with the goal of improving compliance operations, policies and risk management functions.
- Identify and define IT configuration items in the system, control the change of these items throughout their lifecycle, and report status
- Provide strategic planning, installation and configuration of the Cisco Network Admission Control (CNAC) for a multi-enclave, multi-classification network infrastructure.
- Address changes to established configurations and baselines
- Other duties as assigned
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field and 5 year’s equivalent experience or subject matter expertise in network engineering; High School plus 9 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- 5 years of relevant information technology/telecom network experience in classified and unclassified DoD and/or Intelligence Community environments preferred)
- Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper Network Transport Routers and Switches and Identity Service Engine (ISE) appliances, Network Firewalls, Type 1 encryptors, WAN optimization devices, Load Balancers, HP, TACLANES, Remedy ITSM technologies, and VMware
- Network certifications such as: CCNA CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE
- Knowledge of Agile management practices
- Experience supporting a large enterprise environment
Company Culture and Benefits:
Xpect Solutions, Inc.
is a one-of-a-kind employer with a talented team that is cleared at various levels and is certified in dozens of industry-recognized certifications. Our talented staff are the key to our success. They bring the knowledge, experience and technical skills to deliver the best solutions to our customers.
We support our team by providing open communication, win-win partnerships with clients and vendors, a team-oriented culture that supports employee diversity, and a focus on professional development and growth for a long-lasting and happy career.
We offer a benefits package that is designed to keep our most important assets – our employees – healthy, happy, energized and moving forward. Our philosophy is simple – empower our employees with the benefits, resources and the financial incentives they need to be successful.
Below is an overview of our amazing benefits and perks:
• A competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plan.
• Retirement Savings Plan (with company match)
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
• 3 weeks of annual PTO
• 11 days of Holiday PTO
• Performance Awards
• Referral Bonus Plan (of up to $2,500/year)
• Education Reimbursement/Training (of up to $2,500/year)
Xpect Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law. EOE/M/F/D/V