WSP USA is currently initiating a search for an experienced design Project Manager to join our growing Wisconsin Transportation Team. This position will play a key leadership role as we expand our design presence in the Southeast Region. This person will play a key role in providing local services to WisDOT, County and Municipal clients with the resources of a leading national infrastructure engineering firm. This is an opportunity as a Senior Lead Consultant to build a team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our clients objectives and solves their challenges.
This is a Full-Time position as a Roadway Design Project Manager to join our Milwaukee, Wisconsin area office. You will be responsible for overseeing quality project work for our clients, identifying and positioning for project opportunities, developing client relationships, identifying and recruiting key support staff and local office management responsibilities.
- Managing the design of projects and teams to provide quality delivery on projects of all types and sizes.
- Responsible for contract and financial management of projects.
- Grow and mentor engineering staff while collaborating with a variety of project teams within WSP USA.
- Assist in the strategic growth of market sectors including marketing, proposal writing, and business development.
- Create a professional environment of innovation, opportunity, development, and continuous improvement that supports office objectives.
- Recruit, retain, and develop top industry talent.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals, and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion about you joining our team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- 10 years of progressive experience in civil/transportation engineering.
- Engineer license required (multi-state preferred).
- Highly proficient with civil engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to permitting and project work-related issues.
- Highly proficient with infrastructure design.
- Experience with infrastructure planning, design, and program/construction management; including project involvement in a variety of rehabilitation and reconstruction, new design, and construction projects.
- Strong knowledge of relevant civil construction laws, codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Highly proficient with making technical computations and calculations involving the application of engineering principles, understanding plans and specifications, and making factual comparisons to the appropriate regulations.
- Experience with planning and conducting inspections and investigations on various aspects of the construction and design of facilities or structures, applying applicable regulations and policies.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing intricate ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Strong self-leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with clients, regulators, project managers, and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Works independently to provide guidance and leadership to mid-level to senior level team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC.
- Proficiency with technical writing, office automation, discipline-specific design software (i.e., MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, InRoads, Geopak, GeoSlope, ANSYS, STADD, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS), technology, math principles, predictive models, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Experienced with providing critical review for documents and preparing technical deliverables and plans with a high degree of complexity.
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, computations, statistical analysis and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solution.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at coordinating and assertively directing subcontractors and others to consistently complete tasks safely and efficiently.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to prioritize responsibilities and quickly adapt to change in a pressure work environment.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- 40-Hour OSHA Health & Safety Training (HAZWOPER) (29 CFR 1910.120) preferred.
- Basic First Aid and Adult CPR training desired.
- Ability to lead and guide civil engineering staff.
- Successful project management and highway, structural or traffic design experience.
- An excellent communicator and team leader.
- WisDOT and Local Public Agency (LPA) experience.
- Familiarity with AASHTO and WisDOT standards and requirements.
- Understanding and knowledge of AutoDesk Civil 3D, MicroStation and InRoads software.
- Ability to provide value in marketing and business development activities.
- Strong background in developing preliminary and final engineering deliverables.
- Ability to independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques and criteria using sound judgment.
- Experience in alternative delivery projects is a plus.
- Active in Professional Organizations