WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full Time Resident Engineer for our Antioch, California office. Be involved in projects with our PMCM Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. The position can be located within the San Francisco Bay Area, greater Sacramento area, or the Central Valley. WSP has offices in Antioch, Walnut Creek, San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Sacramento, Roseville, and Stockton. Projects may span multiple disciplines, such as roadway/highway and transit/rail construction.
- Plans, reviews and assigns work of subordinate field or construction field office personnel
- Reviews construction processes and engineering layouts
- Reviews project activities with client and contractor’s field supervision resolving disputes and other daily issues
- Oversees materials testing activities
- Reviews daily inspection reports and other project documentation
- Attends and may lead construction meetings with client and contractors
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering-related field (e.g. Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Construction Technology, etc.)
- A minimum of 12 years of directly relevant experience, including Resident Engineer or related roles (or equivalent working knowledge/experience).
- At least 5 years working as a Resident Engineer on Caltrans Highway improvement projects of similar size and complexity
- Professional Engineer (PE) / Licensed Civil Engineer in the State of California.
- A demonstrated ability to read and completely understand contract documents
- A working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and materials (e.g. Caltrans)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Valid, current California Driver's license
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Must successfully complete and pass WSP’s Motor Vehicle screening.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
This position is contingent upon WSP being selected for a contract or program we are currently pursuing.
This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.