A Banquet Cook is responsible for preparing all food items based on standardized recipes for the Food and Beverage Outlets, focusing on Banquets while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring cleanliness, sanitation, and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing the cost/production ratio.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Food Handlers Certification (must comply with State requirements)
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
ESTUDIOS Y EXPERIENCIA
- Se prefiere diploma de Escuela Superior o su equivalente y / o experiencia en un hotel o campo relacionado.
- Certificación para Manejar alimentos(debe cumplir con requisitos del Estado)
- Tiene que poder expresar claramente información e ideas.
- Tiene que poder evaluar y seleccionar entre varias opciones alternativas rápida y acertadamente.
- Tiene que poder trabajar bien en situaciones que producen tensión nerviosa.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Food Handlers Safety etc.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required according to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparations prior to opening of the Restaurant/Dining Outlet/Cafe in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the operating hours.
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain post on kitchen line as required during the operating hours in order to prepare food to order maintaining the highest standards of efficiency productivity and quality.
- Prepare food for Banquets as required following specifications of Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for Associate Cafeteria as specified by the restaurant leadership.
- Prepare all foods following Aimbridge Hospitality standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the restaurant leadership.
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by restaurant leadership.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other associates.
- Be familiar with all hotel policies and house rules.
- Be familiar with hotel's emergency procedures.
- Use Production Charts as specified by Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Associates must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and courteous to guests managers and other associates.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain the "Clean As You Go" policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
OBLIGACIONES Y RESPONSABILIDADES DEL PUESTO DE TRABAJO
- Acercarse a todos los encuentros con huéspedes y empleados de manera simpática y con orientación servicial.
- Cumplir con los requisitos de asistencia al trabajo en cumplimiento con los estándares de Aimbridge Hospitality según requerido por el horario de trabajo el cual cambiará con las necesidades del hotel.
- Mantener criterios altos parta el acicalado y la apariencia personal lo cual incluye el vestir el uniforme correcto y la chapa con el nombre mientras esté de turno (basado en normas de la marca)
- Cumplir en todo momento con las normas y los reglamentos de Aimbridge Hospitality para alentar operaciones de trabajo seguras y eficientes.
- Cumplir con los requisitos de certificación aplicables para la posición incluyendo Certificado para Manejar alimentos Seguridad etc.
- Mantener un comportamiento simpático y caluroso en todo momento.
- Tener un conocimiento completo de los menús y de la preparación requerida de acuerdo a los estándares del hotel.
- Mantener la limpieza y la organización de todos los almacenes.
- Completar la preparación de la estación y la comida necesaria antes de la abertura del Café cosa de poder asegurar que los huéspedes sean servidos pronta y eficientemente durante las horas de operación del Café y de Room Service (Servicio al cuarto).
- Llevar a cabo otra tarea según asignada por el supervisor o
Be a part of the South's most iconic hotel in the heart of the most legendary city. Known for our personalized and genuine service, Windsor Court's diverse family of service professionals lead by caring for others and caring for each other. We are looking for dynamic and passionate individuals committed to growing their careers in luxury hospitality and being great stewards for the city of New Orleans.
Surrounded by a city chock full of history, Windsor Court Hotel invites travelers to make their own memories just steps from the French Quarter. From romance to relaxation to traditional New Orleans celebrations, guests will find the best of all worlds at our award-winning hotel. Rich in style and French-inspired décor, our elegant retreat embraces the spirit and hospitality of the city while staying loyal to the luxury guests love.
Earning four diamonds from AAA and four stars from Forbes, our New Orleans hotel is determined to stay distinguished, just like the city itself. Whether guests are looking to spend their days in the French Quarter or Central Business District – each within walking distance of our front doors – or prefer to lose track of time taking in views from our rooftop pool and exploring our art collection, we’ll turn your vacation fantasies into your fondest lifelong memories. Top adventures off with a trip to our spa followed by some sipping and savoring at our award-winning restaurants, lounges and tea room and visitors will start to see why just one stay at Windsor Court Hotel isn’t enough.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan