About Williams Sonoma
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Seasonal Lead positions are located in Olive Branch, MS.
This position is responsible for training and directing a team of associates to achieve departmental production goals in order to provide customers with the ultimate delivery experience. Controls the workflow on the floor to include prioritizing team goals to ensure that deadlines are met. Tracking and providing feedback on productivity and quality related performances, researching, and resolving issues.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Train and direct a team of associates to achieve departmental and division production goals to provide customers with the ultimate delivery experience
- Control the workflow on the floor to include prioritizing team goals to ensure that deadlines are met
- Track productivity, research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance to teammates, peers, and manager by using departmental resources
- Coordinate team assignments by balancing resources as the volume requires
- Provide training, productivity reporting, and feedback to any errors made by staff daily
- Daily start-up meeting and communication of daily/weekly goals for department
- Work with the Ops Manager for specific service metrics related to safety, service, quality, and cost
- Lead continuous improvement and provide exceptional customer service to the stores and customers
- Lead staffs to ensure effectiveness and productivity metrics are met
- Handle all escalations and provide follow up, handle weekly incident reports, and customer surveys.
- closely with management in the daily operations for the department
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 1- year of leadership experience
- At least 2-3 years of distribution or warehouse experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Available to work overtime and flexible schedules
- Available to work in various departments and buildings as needed
- Focus on maintaining a safe working environment at all times
- Perform other warehouse duties as assigned
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Able to bend, reach, squat and climb stairs/ladders
- Able to manipulate small objects with your hands
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Comfortable walking/standing 100% of the shift
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products