Assists in managing all engineering/maintenance and housekeeping related operations. Assists in maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant, cleanliness of guest rooms, public space, recreation and laundry. Responsible for maintaining standards and regulatory requirements.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 1 year experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Engineering and Housekeeping Operations
• Assists in developing project plans in accordance with renovation or new construction needs.
• Implements preventative maintenance and asset protection plan.
• Assists with managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with brand Standard Operating Procedures.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Manages and controls heat, light and power.
• Maintains property life safety systems (e.g., fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems, alarm systems).
• Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
• Communicates and ensures departmental and hotel emergency procedures are executed when necessary.
Managing Engineering Team
• Conducts regular, on-going communication in all areas of Engineering and Housekeeping.
• Communicates critical information to Engineering and Housekeeping leadership teams.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
Managing Profitability and Above Property Stakeholder Relations
• Assists in supervising construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
• Collaborates with owner’s asset manager on decisions concerning capital improvements to the facility.
• Builds positive relationships with external customers (e.g., city building/zoning department, fire prevention bureau, vendors).
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Focuses on improving service performance.
• Sets expectations and holds Engineering and Housekeeping leadership teams accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviors.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent guest service.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Utilizes employee feedback and an “open door” policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
• Assists in hiring engineering and housekeeping team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place throughout engineering and housekeeping operations to communicate daily operations activities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
• Identifies opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.