Case Manager - Transitional Shelter- Includes Weekend
Salary: $44,700 to $48,900 /year
Transitional Shelter Case Manager - Job Description
Position Description: A full-time position providing case management services, eligibility screening and intake to homeless Veterans in or entering the Transitional Shelter program; and providing coordination of shelter activities.
Position Type: Full time, Salaried, Exempt, Benefits Eligible.
Hours: Office hours are typically Friday-Tuesday, 9-5; minimum of 40 hours per week required;
Hours vary based on need and assignments; Some nights may be required; After hours and weekend on-call are also required.
Salary Range: $44,700 to $48,900
Reports to: Shelter Program Manager
Collaborates with: Intake Specialist; Case Managers; House Managers; Vets Work and Housing
Program Managers; All other WH staff; External agencies and partners; Volunteers and the Public.
Basic Function: The Transitional Shelter Case Manager: Provides shelter, housing services and appropriate individualized case management actions and client advocacy for homeless individuals or families; administers program objectives and elements as appropriate; links residents to resources; formulates housing plans that promote moving towards self-sufficiency; ensures the safety of all residents by implementing, monitoring and enforcing the boundaries and objectives of the transitional shelter program.
Principal Duties & Accountabilities:
- Maintains client files to include conversations, updates, progress towards goals and
- documentation of any incidents; including critical incidents.
- Report critical incidents immediately to the Clinical Director
- Provides eligibility screening to applicants and collects and maintains accurate and detailed records.
- Coordinates and monitors all aspects of service delivery including intake, assessment, creates
Individual Housing Plans with clients, treatment planning, budgeting, case conferences, referrals for adjunctive services, family meetings, group work, case management, advocacy, and liaison with other community agencies.
- Completes intakes on weekends for emergency VA referrals
- Ensures all participants receive appropriate supportive services according to the policies and procedures of the Welcome Home Shelter program.
- Documents service delivery and maintains accurate and timely clinical documentation and is responsible for consumer confidentiality.
- Tracks intake, discharge and contact in the HMIS tracking system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participates in outreach events targeted towards at risk Veterans and service providers.
- Transports veterans in a safe, cautious and responsible manner.
- Participates in all appropriate staff, supervision, and training meetings.
- Work a minimum of 40 hours/week
- Assumes other duties as assigned by Senior Management.
- Collects data necessary to meet funding requirements and statistical reports
- Assist with resident intake and discharge as needed.
- BSW, or related degree.
- Experience working with homeless persons or individuals/families with complex needs
- Mental health/human services experience.
- Understanding of Trauma Informed Care, Harm Reduction, Solution Focused Therapy and Strengths
- Understanding and familiarity of culturally diverse populations.
- Possess (or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire) a valid class E driver’s license, have reliable transportation available and a clean driving record.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have knowledge of clinical issues, skill in community resource development, be well organized, a self-starter, and able to work individually and as a member of a team.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication.
- MSW, or related degree
- Experience working with Veterans
- Veteran Status
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,700.00 - $48,900.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- AD&D insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person