What We Offer:
Our excellent salary and benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability coverage, education reimbursement, 401(k), performance bonuses, and an employee stock program. Employee Resource Groups and Programs offered include the Young Professionals Group, Women at Wade Trim, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Professional Development, Leadership Development, Rotation Program, Mentor Program, Sustainability Program, and Wellness Program. Position Description:
We are looking for an Entry Level Structural Engineer to join our Water Resources department to improve infrastructure in our Detroit office. Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in civil and/or environmental engineering and zero to three years of structural engineering experience. Knowledge of AutoCAD 3D, Civil 3D and/or Revit is preferred. Excellent technical writing, organization and communication skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work well with others. A flexible hybrid-remote work schedule available after 90 days of employment. Typical responsibilities include:
- Provide technical planning, design, permitting, and construction support on various water utility projects that may include collection system, pump station, wastewater treatment, reclaimed water, water treatment, water distribution, and various other ancillary civil engineering projects.
- Prepare engineering calculations and supporting analysis of alternatives
- Prepare design reports and construction plans using local and state standards
- Prepare construction plans using AutoCAD 3D, Civil 3D and Revit
- Review plans and specifications
- Prepare/assist with permit submittals
- Prepare preliminary project cost estimates and evaluate quantities
- Assist with/review scope, budget, and schedule of new project tasks
- Monitor task budget and progress
- Document design changes and communications
- Conduct on-site inspections as needed
- Prepare project status and other reports
- Assist in the preparation of proposals
- Assist Project Managers
- Attend client, public, project and staff meetings including client progress, plan review, preconstruction, etc.
- Maintain excellent client relations
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
About Wade Trim:
- 0 to 3 years of related experience required
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 3D, Civil 3D and/or Revit is preferred
Wade Trim is committed to maximizing the value of infrastructure investments. We've been solving complex engineering challenges for nearly a century. We customize our work approach to fit each project using a collaborative, friendly style to deliver solutions our clients can stand behind.
Our supportive culture recognizes and strives to fulfill collective client, company, and individual needs. Mentoring and building skills of Wade Trim staff is a priority. Frequent interaction among staff is encouraged, company leadership is easily accessible, and opportunities are provided for staff to help shape the firm's future through strategic planning. Work/life balance is supported through a flexible, hybrid work schedule that brings team members together in the office at least two days a week and connects them virtually when working from home.
To solve our clients' toughest challenges, we've devoted ourselves to delivering innovative solutions. Our Office of Applied Technology (OAT) is dedicated to seeking new technologies or ways to apply existing technologies to enhance value to our clients and positively impact communities. All staff are encouraged to share ideas and suggestions for innovative technologies or processes to adopt. This open-minded approach enables us to advance technology, foster innovation, and stay ahead of our clients' needs.
Wade Trim's success is shared by the employees that make it happen. Since our beginning, our firm has been 100% employee owned. This cultivates an ownership mindset that benefits our work approach, collaborative culture, and ability to deliver client solutions. We believe employee ownership drives the sustainability and growth of our firm and provides all our employees with opportunities for financial success.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in a friendly environment, please submit your resume by visiting the Careers section of our website at http://www.wadetrim.com/careers.
Wade Trim is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.