Eagle, Vyve and Northland are leading broadband Internet providers serving largely non-urban communities in 16 states. A technology leader in the cable and broadband sectors, Vyve Broadband offers an extensive range of broadband, fiber connectivity, cable television and voice services for commercial and residential customers. Residential services include high-speed Internet with speeds up to Vyve Gig, all-digital, high-definition video and fully featured digital voice. Vyve Business Services provides optical Ethernet, PRI and hosted voice services to the business community. Together, Eagle, Vyve and Northland serve areas of Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming.
- Maintains and further develops the Company’s network to support Advanced Commercial Services.
- Deploys and maintains customer premise equipment and infrastructure up to the core network
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains the company’s access infrastructure equipment, i.e., routers, modems, and other computer related software and hardware.
- Installs and maintains customer premise equipment, i.e., routers, switches, and media converters.
- Engineers, provides and installs data and voice solutions for commercial customers.
- Provide technical support to sales staff in determining possible application of company products to meet customer requirements.
- Works with vendors and customers to ensure quality installations and maintenance programs for commercial customers in compliance with current SLA’s.
- Troubleshoots and resolves network performance problems during installations.
- Generates management reports on various system & network metrics.
- Maintains department inventories and system documentation.
- Travels to systems on a regular basis to provide ongoing customer and equipment support.
- Provides training and support to customers, sales and operations team members as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of work experience, training, and education
- 2-5 years of business experience in the Telephone or Data Industries.
- Must have networking industry certifications (ENA, CCNA, CCNP, Network , etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of HFC Broadband network architecture, CMTS access, and DOCSIS standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Network Capacity Planning, Performance. Monitoring/Management and Network Design Architecture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various Networking Architectures and protocols; e.g. TCP/IP, ATM, SONET/SDH, RPR, DWDM, VPN’s (IPSEC, PPTP), Frame Relay, 10/100/1000 Base-T, Wireless.
- Experience testing and troubleshooting networks with any of the following: protocol analyzers, bit error rate testers, traffic generators, network packet sniffers
- Requires ability to work nights, weekends as needed.
- Requires willingness to travel, excellent interpersonal and relationship skills, and an innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Must have strong customer service skills and be committed to providing quality service in support of departmental goals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for driving a company vehicle.
- Loading and unloading of parts, tools and equipment required. Bending, stooping, walking, and lifting in excess of 25 pounds required.
- Working knowledge of OSS Framework and processes – related to TMN Model (“Telecommunications Management Network”).
- Demonstrated experience in designing, configuring, and deploying Cisco and Extreme Networks equipment. Including demonstrated knowledge of common routing concepts and protocols, including, RIP, RIPv2, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, Multicast, Ipv6 and MPLS.
Demonstrated Personal computer skills with Microsoft Office applications Excel, Word, Visio, etc.
WE PROUDLY OFFER:
- A friendly and fun work environment
- Communication and training
- Great benefits package
- Employees that live in our markets are eligible for courtesy cable including free or reduced priced video, internet AND voice services
- A culture that encourages growth
Vyve Broadband, Northland Communications, and Eagle Broadband are equal opportunity employers
and do not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an
individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status,
veteran status, reserve or National Guard status, or any other status protected by applicable law.