Job Location: Administrative Office - Lanham, MD
Education Level: Master's Degree Obtained
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Volunteers of America Chesapeake & Carolinas empowers self-reliance and inspires hope. As a church without walls, we do this through personalized housing, ministry, health, and human services that benefit vulnerable individuals, their families and the community. Founded in 1896 in Baltimore, MD by social reformers, Ballington and Maud Booth, we were one of the first of over 30 affiliates of Volunteers of America – one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive human services organizations.
Our founders envisioned a movement dedicated to reaching and uplifting the American people. On behalf of the organization, the Booths pledged “to go wherever we are needed, and do whatever comes to hand”. Their declaration continues to guide Volunteers of America's impact on “Helping America’s most vulnerable”.
Through a dedicated and committed team of more than 850 employees and thousands of volunteers, we provide critical care, support services and hope to thousands of people each year throughout Virginia, Maryland, the District of Columbia and the Carolinas. We firmly believe our employees drive the success of the organization. Through our diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, we endeavor to attract, engage and retain qualified, diverse, compassionate individuals to join our journey and experience a work environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
This position will report to the Vice President, Virginia Region & DC IDD Services and is responsible for overall operations of the program including service delivery. The Program Director will ensure effective day-to-day operations, provide direction for all services including on-call and after-hours situations, provide supervision to all staff, ensure effective program planning and coordination of service delivery and ensure services and program operations are provided/implemented in compliance with agency policies and procedures, Federal, State and local laws and regualtiosn and funding source contractual standards. The Program Director will also ensure integration of program services, including internal and external referrals, throughout VOACC regional and organizational programs as appropriate.
- Masters degree in a Mental Health field (e.g.: Social Work, Psychology, Counseling)
- Clinical Licensure/Certification (LPC, LCSW) is preferred, however will consider board-approved residents in counseling, social work, or marriage and family therapy seeking to attain independent clinical licensure.
- Experience providing case management/therapeutic services to persons-served in their primary residence, in the community, or in an office setting.
- Three-five (3 to 5) years’ experience in human services, program management and supervision are required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that fosters an ability to work cooperatively and effectively team members, individuals and family members in the provision of services to meet individual and program goals.
- Provide the appropriate documentation for service delivery referrals, progress notes and billing and submit documentation as specified by Medicaid and VOACC standard
- Ability to use independent judgment and address conflict and find resolutions.
- Bilingual in any language a plus
- Responsible for the overall health, safety, and operations of all program and facility components.
- Supervision and development of staff including annual performance process and monitoring of work deliverables.
- Establish and maintain effective, positive working relationships with local and professional community agencies and resources.
- Assist in developing the programs’ annual budgets(s) and manage program operations and services in accordance with the budgets, including revenue and expenses.
- Ensure complete participants’ and programs’ records are generated and maintained in accordance with policies and procedures and contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Act as liaison between the programs and funding/regulatory agencies.
- Ensure all applicable federal, state, and local government and contractual regulations and requirements are met or exceeded.
- Assist with the recruitment, manage and maintain effective program staff.
- Ensure effective staff meetings are conducted in accordance with agency requirements. Conduct pre-service and in-service training for staff.
- Develop, implement, and maintain program operating documents including Policies and Procedures, Operations Manuals and Resident Handbooks, etc.
- Compile and/or monitor all required reports.
- Review, monitor and maintain local, State and County government mandated documentation and records as directed.
- Attend all work-related meetings and training as required or needed.
- Implement and manage fundraising and volunteer programs and activities as needed.
- Travel throughout community and potentially to local sites.
The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- The ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to transport oneself, consumers, and program supplies as necessary.
- The physical ability to travel to assigned locations, stand, stoop, bend, reach, pull, push, lift, grasp, climb, talk, see, hear and perform basic and light home maintenance activities, and operate office equipment.
- Operating office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
- The ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
- Deliver a financially sustainable and operationally efficient programs in the Virginia Region.
- Develop a team that can sustain and grow programs in alignment with the regional and organizational.
- Enhance the brand and awareness of our vision, service offerings and housing solutions throughout the territory.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.