To act as a liaison between our customers and professional staff to provide maximum efficiency in accordance with standard operating procedures.
1. Super-Serve and Always Exceed the Customer’s Expectations. Customer satisfaction is the focus of every task performed, by every associate.
2. Provide Support for the location to facilitate the Greeting and offering of assistance and information to our customers through the execution of the SERVE sales process
3. Computer system maintenance – accurate data entry of relevant information as well as supporting the efforts of peer associates This will include maintaining the following SDS files and reporting functions: New order file;Customer Advisal Report, Customer Reminder report; Open exam orders
4. Ensure the proper maintenance of patient files in compliance with Visionworks operational business processes.
5. Ensure proper completion of the patient information on the Patient History form including the waivers and required signature in section #2 according to the established uniform business process
6. Performing opening and close-out procedures according to the established operational business process and maintainance of the daily deposit log when needed.
7. Answer all incoming telephone inquiries using proper phone greeting/etiquette according to the SERVE sales process
8. Processing and verification of third party insurance information.
9. Proper handling of all money related transactions
10. If store applicable, contact customers with timely notification and renotification of product readiness and established operational business process
11. Participate in training of all responsibilities assigned to the Optical Assistant position.
12. Maintain effective communications and partnering with the Location Support Manager
13. Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA)
14. Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements as specified within your departmental goals. This is in addition to, the completion of any activities necessary for the maintenance of professional affiliations or organizational requirements
15. Diligently maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and the overall facility on a daily basis
16. As required by changing business needs, complete additional responsibilities as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience & Background:
· Minimum of 6 months’ work experience in Retail, Sales or Customer Service
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Amount of Time
1/3 to 2/3
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
Reach with Hands and Arms
Climb or balance
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Talk or hear
· Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
· Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
· Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
· Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
· Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
· Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral Characteristics:
· Basic computer literacy
· Strong communication skills and the desire to work with the public
· Possess an outgoing, positive professional personality & appearance
· Ability to work independently and as part of team
· Ability to interact well with associates
· Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
· Flexibility to support change
· Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis.
· Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Privacy & Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete additional essential responsibilities as identified and assigned.