This position must provide the overall daily functional accounting, communications and documentation requirements of the Assisted Living Community financial and personnel records while insuring confidentiality of all resident’s and personnel records. This position will respond and act in the absence of the Administrator/ Executive Director.
Management of Business office internal/external communication to include:
- Answer incoming telephone calls and take and deliver accurate messages and/or transfer calls to appropriate recipients.
- Greet visitors and provide assistance to them as needed.
- Compose and type internal and external memos/letters as requested.
- Receive and distribute facsimiles.
- Understand and follow all regulations as required by HIPAA.
- Sort and distribute mail to residents and staff daily.
- Either forward mail to residents after they have moved, or return the mail to the sender (whichever is appropriate or necessary).
- Work cooperatively with all other staff and relate favorably to residents, their families and service providers.
- Develop and maintain positive communication with internal and external vendors and regulatory agencies.
- Notify Director of any resident, families or staff concerns including neglect, abuse and exploitation.
Management of Business Office Accounts Receivable and/or Payables:
- Point of Contact for potential and new admissions regarding resident finances and assisting families/residents with understanding of Medicaid and/or other cost of care payment options.
- Handle cost of care to include, creation/mailing of monthly invoices, receipt and deposits of monthly resident checks with accurate record keeping/reporting financial information to home office per policy, maintain Population and Financial Report.
- Follow up with SA, SSI, SS, families and assist with collections.
- Handle resident funds. Distribute funds per facility policy to residents. Maintain an accurate personal funds accounting system to include monthly personal funds balance and weekly cash on hand balance. Pay residents bills per their written request.
- Management of Facility Petty Cash to include payment to vendors and recapping for the home office and maintaining appropriate documentation. Ensure Budget is maintained and report any budget discrepancies to the Director.
- Ensure payables made by the home office are sent to the responsible person at the home office.
- Maintain resident attendance sheets and turn in weekly to home office.
Management of Human Resources:
- Responsible for posting positions, fielding applicants to the Administrator/Designated Manager and carrying out hiring process on ICIMS.
- Responsible for New Hire Paperwork and maintaining employee records.
- Responsible for insuring pre-requisites and training is current for newly hired staff and current staff.
- Responsible for maintaining staff attendance sheets.
- Responsible for Payroll Process.
- Responsible for Workers Compensation Records and documentation- to include annual OSHA posting requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that current and applicable labor laws are posted in an area accessible to all staff
- Responsible for understanding and communicating of Personnel Policy.
Management of Clerical Operations:
- Ordering and maintaining inventory of office supplies.
- Routine cleaning of office equipment and reporting maintenance issues to appropriate vendor/home office.
- Maintain current list of residents and room locations.
- Maintain Emergency Face Sheets, distribute to management staff and update residents chart.
- Maintain Business office in a neat and orderly manner at all times to include daily filing and presentation of the office.
- Keep necessary forms copied and updated.
Other Managerial Responsibilities:
- Acting on the behalf of the Administrator/Director in their absence to include: Overall operations of the community insuring quality care and state regulations are maintained and upheld.
- Participate and assist with Community Events.
- Attend required trainings which could include overnight travel.
- Perform other duties as required and requested by the Administrator/Director.
- Prefer some college but must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and follow directions.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to Lift, Push, or Pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to Bend, Stoop, Squat, and reach overhead as needed.
- Must possess good computer skills and be able to work with Microsoft office, including development of excel spreadsheets.
- Must possess good financial understanding of Accounts Receivables/Payables, balancing checkbooks, etc.
- Must possess good Human Resource understanding.
- Must possess proven Customer Service skills and experience.
- Must have at least 8 years of driving experience, as this is a requirement of company's liability insurance carrier.
- Must have a clear SBI and DMV record and maintain them during period of employment.
- Must have a valid NC Driver’s License and maintain during duration of employment.
- Must have no substantiated findings on the NC Personnel Registry or Health Care Program.
- Must possess knowledge of or be willing to learn the NC DHSR Adult Care Home Rules and Regulations.
- Must have a two-step tuberculin skin test (first test prior to hire and second test within two weeks of first test).
Ambulatory Healthcare Services