We are very interested in hiring transitioning or former Merchant Marine, Navy Machinist's Mate, Utilitiesman, or Electrician’s Mate looking for an exciting opportunity in clean energy. Do you want to be part of the solution to climate change? If so, a career at Vicinity Energy could be for you!
The Maintenance Mechanic III is responsible for maintaining and repairing all equipment, piping systems, valves, and machinery associated with the Company’s operation facilities. The Maintenance Mechanic III reports to the Maintenance Manager. This is a full-time hourly position and is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
• Maintain safe working conditions in accordance with established Company policies.
• Identify, report and/or correct unsafe work environments.
• Assures compliance with all applicable environmental regulations.
• Participates in on-scene work taking direction from others.
• Operate all hand/power tools in a competent manner.
• Install, repair, replace, and troubleshoot plant equipment to include basic piping systems, valves, traps, pumps.
• Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Exercise caution in the use and maintenance of all company equipment
• Must be able to work overtime as required.
• Assigned to rotating on-call schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
Qualifications and Experience
• HS Diploma or GED
• Minimum 1 year of maintenance experience in an industrial environment
• Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• 6G Welding Certification
• Ability to lift and maneuver up to and including 50 pounds.
• Ability to work in confined spaces such as boilers, tanks and manholes.
• Ability to climb vertical ladders up to 100 feet.
• Ability to pass a respirator physical and respirator fit test.
• Ability to tolerate heat in an industrial production plant environment.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and insurable by Company’s vehicle insurance carrier.
About Vicinity Energy
Vicinity is an online platform that offers cost-effective, resilient and environmentally responsible energy solutions to public sector.
The job skills required for Maintenance Mechanic III include Preventive Maintenance, Repairing, Welding, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Maintenance Mechanic III.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Maintenance Mechanic III.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Repairing
The Home Depot
For the skill of Welding
Allan Myers Inc.