Vertis Therapy is growing and is looking for a passionate Full Time Physical Therapist for our beautiful Assisted Living/Independent Living/Memory Care campus in Mount Pleasant, SC. Vertis Therapy is a therapist owned and
managed company that focuses on providing quality patient centered care.
*Inhouse Clinical Team
*Unlimited CEUs online
The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients in accordance with orders from the physician through the use of therapeutic procedures designed to address deficits in physical function and improve independence, safety and quality of life. The Physical Therapist ensures quality, efficient physical therapy is provided to patients by managing the delivery of care throughout the course of treatment and delegating appropriate components of care to the Physical Therapist’s Assistant under his/her supervision. The Physical Therapist participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and information within the area of physical therapy.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Review available patient information and evaluate the impact of this information on the assessment and treatment process.
- Conducts and documents a thorough functional assessment of the patient utilizing standardized procedures. Includes home/vocational and equipment needs.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on patient needs and containing achievable functional goals.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines.
- Record patient progress in the patient record a minimum of every seven (7) days.
- Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment process.
- Documents the course of treatment in a clear, concise manner, including a discharge summary utilizing the prescribed format.
- Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and provide close supervision while such staff are working with patients.
- Orient patients to program services and treatment procedures appropriate to their needs. Inform patients of any potential risk during any procedure.
- Work with nursing staff, patient and families to maximize patient's use of functional abilities.
- Establish and instruct patient and family/other caregiver in exercises and therapeutic procedures to be continued following discharge.
- Assist in the referral process when a patient requires additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge of community resources.
- Attend and participate in rehabilitation team conferences regarding patient progress, problem or needs.
- Attend and participate in other department/facility meetings, as required.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical competency.
- Participate in the quality improvement process by responding appropriately to results of medical record audits, patient/referral source satisfaction surveys safety activities and regulatory
- Act in compliance with Vertis Therapy Management policies and procedures, State, Federal and Professional Organization regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Provide input to the Rehab Director on clinical performance of assistants as requested and
- Promote the programs and services of Vertis Therapy through formal and informal interactions with the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master of Science degree in Physical Therapy or Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Therapy and five years of direct practice experience.
- Current license/certification in the state of practice.
- Prefer minimum one (1) year experience in rehabilitation. Supervision, training and/or experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility.
- Prefer membership in the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Demonstrated competency in identified areas of specialization.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adequate computer skills in order to complete required job duties and computerized documentation.
- Demonstrated competency in applying principles, methods, materials and equipment used in physical therapy.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.