VCA North Academy Animal Hospital
, located in Colorado Springs, CO
, is seeking a highly experienced Veterinarian to lead our team as Medical Director
. Sign-on Bonus Available!
A Medical Director at VCA is a job that gives you autonomy, ownership, and career growth. It allows you to share in the success of the hospital. This is an outstanding opportunity to continue practicing medicine while establishing the direction and medical quality of the hospital like an owner would, but without the financial risks. You'll have the solid backing of experts in Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Payroll, and more, to help you succeed.
Our team at VCA North Academy is a very collaborative team that strives to provide the best patient care possible. We are looking for upbeat personnel who will fit into our family culture. We have served the Colorado Springs area for over 35 years and are proud of our reputation in the community. Our team utilizes the latest advances in veterinary medicine to offer a wide variety of services such as routine wellness care, dentistry, orthopedic care, and surgical services.
Our clinic is open 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM on Saturdays. As a full-time DVM, you will be expected to work four weekdays and rotate half-day Saturdays.
Colorado Springs has ranked as one of the 'Best Places to Live' for several years. At just one hour away from Denver, Colorado Springs is the perfect place to call home. There are unlimited outdoor activities for you and your family. VCA North Academy Animal Hospital is just minutes away from multiple attractions, such as the Garden of the Gods, the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Pikes Peak, and much more. Colorado Springs is a fast-growing community, however; it still has the hometown feel. Apply today to visit our hospital and see if this is the place you would like to call home!
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Well-being
- Innovative associate health and well-being department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation, and sick leave
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University - offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- VCA Academy's Mentorship Program - participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience; annual salary starting at $120,000 - $135,000 plus stipends, production, and bonus potential. If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com.