Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000 subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/. The company publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange on September 21, 2021.
We succeed thanks to a diverse mix of talented people who want to come, to stay, and do their best work. If you love learning, technology, and making a true impact, you’re going to love working here!
About the Job:
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist (TSS) to join our team. The TSS is responsible for helping users resolve technical issues that impact their ability to use our Live Learning Platform. The role requires both technical knowledge and a passion for customer satisfaction, as the TSS will be working with internal and external customers. It is an essential element to our client experience.
- Have at least 2 years of college/university level classes in Business, Computer Science or related field OR have at least three years in a customer service or technical support role
- Be able to explain technical things to people who may not be very technical
- Have great customer service skills and a genuine desire to help
- Know something about any or all of the following: Windows 8 or higher, MacOS El Capitan or higher, internet browsers, internet connectivity, iOS, and Android. Linux experience is a plus!
- Comfortable providing support through a variety of media including video chat, phone, email and text-based chat.
- Be able to do their best work independently and within established guidelines and procedures
- Learn quickly, think on their feet and adapt to changing workloads and priorities
- Establish good working relationships with other employees at all levels
- Be available to work an assigned schedule that includes one weekend shift, evenings, holidays and some overtime.
- Be on time and have an excellent attendance record
- Be able to handle confidential (and sometimes sensitive) information with discretion and maturity
- Provides amazing customer service while resolving a variety of technical issues related to our platform, mobile apps and internal tools
- Records detailed notes about every issue they handle
- Points clients, tutors and students in the right direction for those questions and requests best answered by another team
- Reports bugs and other programming related issues to the development team
- Answers some non-technical policy related questions or can direct the inquiry to the right team for resolution
- May serve as an escalation point if a senior representative, team lead or manager is not available
- Isn’t afraid to engage senior reps or managers when the request pattern points to bigger issues or if an issue isn’t getting the attention it deserves
- Has great ideas to share to the benefit of the team as well as clients, tutors, students and fellow employees
- Applies skills and job knowledge
- Adapts procedures to meet specialized needs
If this sounds like you and you want to join a high-growth tech company that is changing the way people learn, HURRY UP AND APPLY! We want to talk to you!
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Starting annual compensation of $40,000
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- Nerdy Inc. equity grants
- PTO, Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday (for your birthday!)
- VTO (“volunteer time off” to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate family members
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)