Job Location: Reno - Reno, NV
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Shift: Day
Responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the quality system to ISO-9001 and ISO-13485 standards. Supports the organization throughout the entire manufacturing process, as well as supplier and customer QA support.
- Provide QA Engineering support of activities of inspection and quality assurance including the receiving inspection, in-process inspection, final product inspection and all activities in an electromechanical assembly, IPC-610, environment.
- This includes: training and support of inspectors and implementation of quality assurance procedures and statistical process controls.
- This also includes the facilitation and monitoring of the quality of products, manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Supports activities for ISO-9000 compliance including implementation and audit of supporting processes and procedures.
- Identifies and resolves Customer/Supplier quality related problems.
- Activity areas will cover: Customer returns, Product defects, Customer corrective action request, Supplier returns, Supplier corrective action requests.
Be a "quality facilitator" throughout the entire Company by providing training and quality improvement tools to employees and organizations.
- BS degree, or equivalent, in engineering or technical field.
- 2-5 years experience supporting a high-tech manufacturing environment
- Electro-mechanical knowledge is required, including tools, drawing/blueprint reading, and managing relevant build-to-print suppliers.
- Cable manufacturing and testing experience helpful.
- MRB / non-conforming materials processing and dispositioning experienced needed.
- Very good customer and supplier relations skills.
- ISO-9000 and IPC-610 training and experience a must.
- ASQC affiliation desirable.
- Good understanding of general electro/mechanical assembly and materials.
- Very good verbal and written communications skills required.
- Prior experience on the use of statistical methods required.
- PCB assembly industry experience highly desirable.
- Dependable, high integrity, high energy level and self motivated.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Basic PC skills in EXCEL and WORD