Brand new luxury Substance Use Disorder Facility in Laguna Hills, CA is seeking multiple FULL-TIME hard working, dedicated and driven Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)/ Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)'s. LVN/LPT's are responsible for performing a variety of duties operating under the Medical Director/APRN and Director of Nursing.
- Examines patient, performs nursing screen(s), and initial health screens.
- Administer detoxification protocols (COWS, CIWAS, Vitals Assessments) on detox patients per Doctor's Orders.
- Discuss patient cases with MD and utilizes other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Follow physician's instructions on medication management protocol and procedures.
- Supervise self-administration of medications.
- Monitor patients physical and emotional well being; vital signs checked per Doctor's Orders.
- Monitor patients vital signs for signs/symptoms of medication reaction.
- Document daily nursing notes once per shift per Doctor's Orders.
- Per shift chart checks in EMR per Doctor's Orders.
- Coordinate with attending physician and pharmacy daily.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens.
- Assist patients with personal hygiene.
- Once per week facilitate a medical education group for all patients in Residential care.
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary team to ensure all aspects of client care.
- Complete new admission intake procedures.
- Complete controlled medication counts at each shift change.
- Attend job-related meetings, in-service training, staff development training, participate in team problem solving methods, building rapport, respond to requests, and maintain a cooperative relationship among the multi-disciplinary team by communicating pertinent information.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, and informing the Nursing Manager so that the manager may place order(s) for supplies.
- Adhere to DHCS, CARF and Joint Commission standards of care.
- Competitive pay.
- Availability for both AM and PM shifts. (12 hour shifts).
Pay Range $24 to $34 per hour
commensurate with experience.
*United Recovery Project is an equal opportunity employer.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Current LVN license or LPT licensure in State of operations required.
- CPR and First Aid Certified. BLS preferred.
- Two years of experience as an LVN/ LPT in a SUD detox or primary mental health residential facility.
- Proficiency in EMR, preferably KIPU.
- Exemplary documentation skills.
- Familiarity with DCHS, CARF and Joint Commission standards of care.
- Possess passion and compassion for patient care.
- Knowledge of basic principles, practices and techniques of mental health and drug and alcohol intervention.
- Knowledge of medications effects, indications, and contraindications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Flexibility is a must.
The job skills required for Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) include CPR, Patient Care, Mental Health, First aid, Flexibility, Problem Solving, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT).
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT).
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Patient Care
Dr Zak Dental Care