Who We Are:
As the only independent and physician-led faculty practice plan of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, University Clinical Health (UCH) offers best-in-class clinical care through a network of 175 providers across 19 specialties to meet the healthcare needs of the Mid-South community. UCH is a not-for-profit, non-tax-supported group practice and is here to serve the community while providing medical excellence to our patients.
This position is responsible for claim resolution of all assigned denial types. This position is responsible for identifying and escalating denial trends to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor. This position should include the ability to recognize and communicate with insurance payers for additional review, reconsideration, or appeals.
Key Results Areas (KRAs):
• Conduct AR Follow-up on denials through best practices. Launch appeals, as needed, via the UCH practice management
• Demonstrate a detailed understanding of how to read and interpret EOB's and denials from all insurance carriers (including the financial components such as co-pays, deductibles, and coinsurance).
• Possess a thorough knowledge of claim resolution from end to end across all payer categories based on insurance denials.
• Differentiate between best practices of appeal, coding review, credentialing review and/or adjustment.
• Contact insurance companies and utilize web portal and websites for appeal, eligibility, remittance, and payment information.
• Candidate must be able to report and communicate issues and trends.
• Meet or exceed daily productivity benchmarks.
• Other assigned duties/tasks
• Complete understanding of follow-up processes.
• Solid background in Accounts Receivable and overall Revenue Cycle policies and procedures.
• Experience working in a physician billing environment.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Excellent systems experience and acuity. (EMR and Billing and Collection Systems). Multi-system and multi-specialty experience is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and company personnel
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
• Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
• Ability to work independently
• Strong business acumen
• Strong communication skills including public speaking
Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 3 years of experience in claims resolution or medical billing.
• Formal certification in medical billing and coding or have equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, and medical terminology.
Effective November 1, 2021, UCH requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or have an approved medical or religious exemption from UCH). Please note that a job offer is contingent on submitting proof of COVID-19 vaccination or UCH approval of a medical or religious exemption request. Employees with approved exemptions will be required to undergo weekly COVID-19 testing at an assigned UCH testing location and time.
EOE-University Clinical Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. University Clinical Health is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
The job skills required for Accounts Receivable Specialist include Accounts Receivable, Billing, Microsoft Office, Communication Skills, Communicates Effectively,and Initiative etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Accounts Receivable Specialist. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Accounts Receivable Specialist. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Accounts Receivable Specialist for your reference.