$10,000 New Hire Sign-on Bonus & Weekend and Shift Differential
Shifts: Weekend, PRN, Nights (Full-time, PRN or Part-time)
Assumes responsibilities delegated by the Department Director, charge nurse, shift director or their designee which concerns the planning and implementation of patient care. Contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to the patients and their families. Plans, organizes, and directs activities for the patients under their care. Uses independent judgement in crisis situations and takes appropriate actions.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
- Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
- Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
- Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
- Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
- Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgments and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
Must have ED Experience as an RN
Must be a graduate of accredited School of Nursing.
Must obtain and maintain CPR, ACLS, PALS or ENPC and TNCC certifications within the first year of hire.
Must maintain current BCLS certification or obtain within first 2 months of employment.
Current Registered Professional Nurse licensure in the State of Iowa.