Position: Recovery Support Specialist-Emergency Response Services
Location: Unity Place-Tazwood
Full-Time 40 hours/week and Full-Time 32 hours/week, Benefitted
Shifts: 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift, all shifts with some weekends
Shift Differentials: 2nd shift $0.95/hour, 3rd shift $1.50/hour, weekend shift $1.75/hour
Provide experience, education and professional services to assist and support individuals in developing and/or maintaining recovery-oriented, wellness-focused lifestyles.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Ensures Patients receive comprehensive services: Identification of patient into services, assessment, discharge planning, and other aspects of warm handoff.
Provide continuum of care/follow up care to patients.
· Be available after discharge to deliver recovery support, as needed.
· Ability to bridge care with insurance correlated community services
· Provide follow up instructions, appointments, and coordination for discharge planning.
· Provide detailed communication to receptive discharge providers to ensure warm handoff in the care coordination process.
· Ability to identify barriers to transportation and assist with getting patient transportation to appointments
· Provide ongoing recovery support service to ensure patient arrives and is engaged by intake staff, and ensure that patient remains engaged in treatment overtime – helping the patient navigate stages of change and practical considerations.
· Work with insurance provided transportation programs to ensure transportation.
Provide education/information to patients, families, and other invested parties.
· Is knowledgeable in understanding of addiction, signs of overdose, family dynamic, and administration of naloxone products.
· Ability to educate patient and family in opiate use and administration of naloxone products.
· Ability to provide consultation with patient, family, insurance provider, and treatment providers to confirm recommended course of treatment is covered and/or affordable.
Assist in facilitation of services, based on quality initiatives and documentation in EMR.
· Ensures accurate documentation
· Collaborates with Care Team to ensure documentation is present to supports warm hand off.
· Documents all Discharge Planning components accurately in EMR
· Assist with documentation in EMR to support quality initiatives
· Assist with audits for medical necessity documents as requested
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
CPRS Certification Once Eligible
Lived experience in Recovery
Narcan training in the first month of hire
Valid Driver’s License
MVR run annually
Proof of Auto Insurance
Required English Skills
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Must have control over personal use of all mood altering chemicals and behaviors.
If recovering from an addiction, must currently have a minimum of 2 years of uninterrupted recovery.
The job skills required for Recovery Support Specialist include Mental Health, Planning, Commitment, Coordination, Transportation,and support services etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Recovery Support Specialist. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Recovery Support Specialist. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Recovery Support Specialist, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Recovery Support Specialist for your reference.