Hiring Salary Range: $52,000-$57,000
Position Description: We are seeking a professional, charismatic, and motivated individual to join the UMOM team as the Workforce Development Manager (WDM). At UMOM we believe that housing income ends homelessness. The WDM is responsible for managing the implementation of organizational strategies related to workforce development. This position is responsible for implementing best practices of workforce development programming in alignment with our housing and income-based strategies for ending homelessness. The WDM will work closely with program directors and other operational leadership to ensure that workforce-related program activities are implemented successfully and that case managers are supported in providing direct employment services to UMOM clients. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the Workforce Development Coordinator and Employment Center Coordinator positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of UMOM's Workforce Development Department, including the implementation of employment-based case management, job fairs, and job readiness courses at the New Day Employment Center.
- Supervises staff, including training, direction of work, appraisal of productivity and efficiency, delivery of feedback and coaching, and disciplinary action, if required.
- Monitors grant spending, program impact, and data collection to ensure all established programmatic and financial goals are being met.
- Participates in weekly staffing for shelter and housing programs, when appropriate, to help to address client barriers, build effective case plans, and design exit plans related to obtaining and retaining sustainable income.
- Designs, updates, and maintains a database of employers to meet the needs of UMOM clients including identifiers such as felony friendly, education requirements, employment sector, and rate of pay.
- Collaborates with regional and national workforce agencies to develop a network of resources, promote programs, and establish meaningful partnerships. Supports community-based efforts and initiatives that align with UMOM's mission.
Data-Driven & Outcomes-Oriented Approach to Impact
- Promotes a data-driven and outcomes-based culture within all teams. Assist UMOM's senior leadership in establishing, overseeing, and tracking quality indicators for employment and job training programs. Programs should consistently demonstrate effectiveness and efficiency.
- Leads the design and implementation of a comprehensive workforce development strategy to meet the unique needs of participants across all UMOM programs. Works closely with the senior leadership team to ensure that income-based program models are fully integrated and set-up to produce high-impact employment outcomes for all-working aged clients.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies and processes related to workforce development and wellness initiatives.
- Collaborates with program staff and managers to ensure accuracy and reliability of agency data, and full compliance with internal and external data standards.
- Audits client files to ensure program model is being adhered to and utilize as a teaching tool for staff.
- Provides reports, summaries, and documentation as needed.
Qualification and Competency Requirements:
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum five years of professional experience, with at least three years of experience in relevant roles (e.g. workforce development, homeless services, non-profits, and/or community-based organization positions)
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of non-profit/social sector; experience working with underserved or disadvantaged populations preferred
- Proficiency with applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one
- Valid AZ driver's license and a driving record that falls within UMOM's policy
- 50/100 level of car insurance coverage (mileage reimbursement available)
Physical Activities and Working Conditions
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative, but not exhaustive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position is typically performed in an interior, environmentally controlled office setting. The duties of the job require extended periods of time being stationary and manipulating a computer (keyboard, monitor, mouse), and other standard office equipment including, but not limited to printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
- Willingness to embrace and actively support the unique culture and values of UMOM
- Ability to focus on the tasks and details relevant to the position and the organization, while also switching quickly between tasks
- Ability to exercise excellent independent judgment and take ownership of decisions
- Ability to think on a broad, systems-level relative to the scope of the position
- Ability to work independently and self-manage to achieve goals while being a strong team player
- Ability to organize, meet deadlines, and delegate appropriately
- Ability to cope with and embrace change, risk, and uncertainty
- Ability to develop strong relationships within a fast-paced, collaborative setting that values diverse opinions; enthusiasm for helping drive change as UMOM becomes a more data-driven organization
Work Schedule: The typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, normal business hours, with occasional nights and weekends, depending on the needs of the position and the organization.