CIVIL ENGINEER (USCG-22-1246-Z):
Bowhead is seeking a Civil Engineer to provide civil engineering services to United States Coast Guard (USCG) Civil Engineering Unit (CEU) Juneau. Position is located at USCG CEU in Juneau, AK, in support of projects throughout the 17th Coast Guard District (D17) area of responsibility (AOR). Services include independent technical reviews, project scope development, field investigation, planning, specifications, drawings, cost estimating, problem and conflict resolution, scheduling and design production, and facility condition assessments.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide civil engineering services for the CEU Juneau in support of work associated with projects on the Advanced Acquisition Plan and other inserted projects.
- Provide civil engineering trouble-shooting and/or consultations, providing technical and project advice and guidance to CEU Juneau Project Managers.
- Conduct comprehensive technical reviews of professional studies, reports and analysis.
- Collaborate with managers, other engineers/architects, construction project managers, legal staff, contract specialists and or contractor personnel, and provides advice and insight on the resolution of unique and/or complex engineering problems and disputes.
- Provide technical reviews and review comments for project designs, including Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build efforts.
- Provide technical responses for A/E and contractor requests for information and coordinates with CEU Juneau Project Manager in developing Scopes of Work for required contract modifications.
- Provide facility condition assessments and evaluations throughout D17.
- Travel (potential for overnight) to meet with CEU Juneau staff and review contract performance is required. Other travel may include occasional travel to operational & construction sites in USCG District 17 Area of Responsibility (D17 AOR Alaska Maritime Region).
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
- Requires a minimum of five (5 ) years of work experience in the civil engineering field and BA/BS degree in related field. Ten (10 ) years of experience and MA/MS degree in related field preferred.
- Must have demonstrated mastery of civil engineering concepts, principles, and practices.
- Experience in National Codes and Mechanical Engineering sub-disciplines (including heating, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, fuel systems, tanks, pumps, piping, steam, and minor structural, etc.) is required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or other industry-standard professional license related to position highly desirable.
- Experience with design work for conditions in the D17 AOR (high seismic, high-wind and coastal maritime climate conditions), AutoCAD drafting skills, developing/reviewing technical packages for Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build and performance specifications is highly desirable. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is primarily sedentary and is performed in a normal office environment. The contractor may be exposed to risks associated with field work which may include moderate stress such as being exposed to adverse weather, riding in small aircraft, climbing ladders, crawling under buildings, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
- Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQREQUIREMENTS: Must be able to obtain a clearance at the Public Trust level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Public Trust clearance at this location.
1 Day Ago