YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A PRN THERAPIST JOB
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, our annual revenues were $11.4 billion in 2019. In 2020, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2019, ranked #293 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 90,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 328 behavioral health facilities, 42 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 37 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom
Rivendell Behavioral Health Hospital is a 125 inpatient, Joint Commission accredited hospital. We are located on a 48 acre private campus in the heart of Bowling Green, KY. At Rivendell Behavioral Health Hospital, children who are in crisis receive psychiatric care. Teens suffering from depression, disabling anxiety, feelings of hopelessness or suicide can learn new ways to cope. Teens and adults suffering from chemical dependency and substance abuse can get help.
Week day PRN therapists are utilized in providing case coverage/assistance. This includes coordinating the treatment planning, discharge planning, group therapy, individual and family therapy for assigned patients.
Week end PRN therapists are assigned group therapy sessions and psychosocial assessments for recent admissions.
Hours can be picked up on an as-needed basis or routinely scheduled.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides individual, family and group therapy to a caseload of patients assigned by the Director of Clinical Services (general expectation is 30 hours per week direct services).
2. Develops a comprehensive aftercare plan reflecting the specific problems of the patient and the availability of resources to them.
3. Participates in treatment team meetings by contributing to the multidisciplinary team, writing and updating treatment plans and revising treatment plans based on progress with patient and their family.
4. Administers and/or completes Psychosocial Assessments and/or Psychological evaluations as is commensurate with professional certification/licensure. This may include the initiation of these assessments or follow-up and completion of those begun by other personnel.
5. Documents all services provided including discharge summary, in the patient record.
6. Maintains ongoing contact with referral sources and family members to keep them abreast of patients’ progress.
7. Participates in committee and professional meetings necessary to the future of the hospital.
8. Assures consistency in dealing in a tactful and harmonious fashion with staff, patients, the public and to adhere to and follow all hospital policies and procedures as defined by the CEO.
9. Acts as liaison between patients, families, and the hospital to ensure the rights of the patients and family are respected and protected while maintaining the goals of the hospital.
10. Acts as a resource for unit staff members and Program Therapists to inservice, train and provide guidance with regard to patient care.
11. Consults with Program Director regarding issues of programming and scheduling of patient activities.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Clinical Services as the needs of the department and hospital demand.
15. Will adhere to all safety policies and safe work practice.
16. Will attend hospital safety trainings.
17. Will adhere to all hospital policies and procedures.
18. Will report all accidents immediately.
Education: A minimum of a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology, Social Work, or related field from an accredited university or a CADC. Certification by the respective Commonwealth of Kentucky Professional Board. Licensure is preferred. Certified Social Workers must have a contract with an LCSW Supervisor approved by the Board before employment may begin. Master’s level Psychologically trained clinicians must have appropriate doctoral level supervision approved by the Kentucky Board of Psychology before employment may begin. Preferred experience in adult chemical dependency therapy.
Training and Experience: Two years in psychiatry is preferred. A thorough knowledge of emotional disturbances, current DSM diagnosis, and a variety of psychotherapeutic approaches is required. Intervention techniques in working with families and patients as well as regulatory requirements and Kentucky laws.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.