NEW STARTING SALARIES!
Maintenance Specialist - Full-Time - 40 hrs. /week, Afternoon Shift, rotating weekends and on-call schedule
Havenwyck Hospital is a Joint Commission-accredited and licensed psychiatric hospital, overlooking Lake Galloway in Auburn Hills, Michigan. We specialize in providing comprehensive, compassionate behavioral health services to children, adolescents and adults.
It is the ultimate goal of our dedicated staff to build strength, confidence and knowledge within each patient, in hopes that they may continue learning and understanding their needs and practicing self-care for the rest of their lives.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300 Subsidiaries
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
If you would like to learn more about the position before applying, please contact Human Resources at 248-373-9200.
What do our current employees value at Havenwyck Hospital & UHS?
An environment that puts patient care first. One of the most rewarding aspects of working at Havenwyck Hospital is being part of a team that's providing excellent care, comfort, and security to patients and families, at their most vulnerable times Supportive and responsive leadership. You are never alone, as you are part of a large network of peer co-workers that routinely exchange ideas and review current topics within the industry. Having the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career. There are very robust continuing education options and opportunities for skills diversification and career advancement with UHS.
Universal Health Services (UHS):
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
Havenwyck Hospital is seeking a dynamic and talented Maintenance Specialist to join our team of compassionate, dedicated professionals.
The Maintenance Specialist performs a variety of maintenance and repair functions throughout the facility and is an active in security duties related to patient and visitors.
Maintenance Specialist duties include but are not limited to:
- Reads and interprets blueprints and manufacturers specifications.
- Requisitions equipment and materials for equipment installations and repairs.
- Ensures that safety and building regulations are in compliance.
- Assists in orientation and training of plant operations personnel.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Participates in preventative maintenance program of the Plant Operations department.
- Performs inspection of repair of equipment requiring trade licensing only under the order of the Director of Plant Operations.
- Performs lockout tagout procedures as defined in policy.
- Performs landscaping duties as required.
- Perform snow removal as required.
- Performs maintenance and repair work including plumbing, masonry, carpentry, painting, electrical work, glazing, refrigeration, air conditioning and mechanical repairs.
- Member of Fire Brigade.
- Responds to unit needs for assistance with physical management through pages or “Dr. White”.
- Performs duties of security for facility.
- Relieves at switchboard as needed.
- Performs/operates machinery for cleaning functions when needed such as carpet and floor cleaning.
- High School Graduate required.
- Experience in building trades, preferred.
- Experience in small machinery repair, preferred.
- Provision of satisfactory motor vehicle operation reports.
- Current certification in Non-violent Crisis Intervention preferred.
- Employees must be in good standing (employment/corrective action history, evaluation, etc.) to be considered for internal transfers.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all its subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. Additionally, recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting our Compliance Hotline at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852- 3449.