Reporting to the HR Market Director this position serves as Prominence Health Plan’s head of the Human Resources function. As a key business partner and peer to the leadership team, this individual will lead and create initiatives, and best practices to recruit, develop, and train a diverse and high-performing workforce and who will build an organizational culture that supports advancement of the mission and strategic plans. Ensures compliance with Federal, state, local laws and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the functional areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to recruitment, retention, engagement, personnel records, employee relations, job evaluation, compensation management, organizational development, workers compensation, training, EEO and special projects
- Provides guidance to resolve complex employee relations issues. Identifies and consults with the Market HR Director and corporate office on matters of legal importance.
- Will plan, organize, lead, and make improvements to various employee programs e.g., new hire orientation program, recruitment/retention strategies, performance management, training and development, and other HR initiatives that serve to foster positive attitudes toward company goals.
- Ensures record maintenance of transactions such as new hires, promotions, transfers, terminations, discipline records, employee performance appraisal records.
- Develops and implements process improvements that remove obstacles in order to achieve efficiencies and effectiveness within the HR department
- Responsible for developing the annual HR budget
- Administers UHS corporate human resource initiatives; assists in the development and implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the communication of changes in the organization’s personnel policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
- Responsible for the development, input and updates of the employee handbook and ensures annual benefit plan information is provided to new hires and employees
- Develops, updates and manages policies and procedures. Develops organizational strategies by identifying and researching human resource issues; contributes information, analysis and recommendations to organization’s strategic direction.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the leadership to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an engaging culture, motivating employees, fostering an environment with high levels of teamwork, accountability, communication and vision to employees.
- Works closely with executive leaders and management to advise, counsel, and provide coaching and resolution to address employees’ performance; provides performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to provide consultation and guidance to improve work relationships, build moral and increase productivity and retention.
- Reports monthly KPI reporting as determined by the HR Market Director.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Human Resources Management; SPHR certification preferred
- 8-10 years progressive HR experience required
- Strong recruitment background with an ability to identify, evaluate and resolve hiring and retention challenges
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations ensuring their compliance.
- Effective presentation skills before groups including the public and governmental agencies, etc.
- Experienced in budget development
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Skilled in conflict management and resolution
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to think tactically through developing and implementing process improvements to achieve efficiencies and effectiveness within the HR department
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and participative way with all levels in the organization
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have ability and flexibility to travel approximately 15-20% of the time to current and future markets.
Upper Merion Township, PA
The job skills required for HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR include Leadership, Employee Relations, Initiative, Coaching, Futures, Problem Solving, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Leadership
The following is the career advancement route for HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Top Division Human Resources Executive that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR. You can explore the career advancement for a HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.