Director of Intake Opportunity
West Oaks Hospital has provided psychiatric care to the Houston area and surrounding communities for over three decades. Our 176-bed acute care facility is fully accredited and included a 16-bed residential treatment center for adult chemical dependency.
We offer a broad range of behavioral health programs for children, adolescents and adults. Treatment is offered at multiple levels of care including inpatient, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient.
We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist you and answer your questions about treatment options and insurance coverage. The hospital is easily accessible off the Southwest Freeway near the Galleria.
Visit us online at: https://westoakshospital.com/
West Oaks Hospital is seeking a dynamic and talented Director of Intake to join our team of compassionate, dedicated professionals. The Director of Intake is accountable for directing the admission/assessment at the facility. Provides direction to staff consisting of Intake Coordinators and Clinicians, RNs in the provision of psychiatric assessment, including clinical evaluations, crisis intervention, and referrals. Interfaces closely with the medical staff, fellow department heads and administration, treatment team/external case managers/managed care organizations, Functions as a liaison with other hospital departments.
- Directs the screening of potential patients for admission into the program and initiate the integrated assessment process.
- Assists administration, physicians and clinical staff in the assessment of pending admits to determine appropriateness of level of care and communicates pending admissions to the Nursing Department.
- Uses the approved admission criteria and make decisions concerning the level of care for treatment using the least restrictive level appropriate. The plan for episode of care is initiated at admission to all levels of care.
- Monitors all intake/reservation information calls during normal business hours and prepares appropriate internal 1371 forms.
- Functions as a liaison between physicians and families, coordinates with transportation services and other mental health facilities to organize the admission procedures.
- Plans, coordinates and evaluates direct and indirect facility assessments and patient admissions.
- Ensures that all vital patient assessment information is referred accurately to the attending physicians, and that patient historical information obtained is complete to facilitate an accurate determination for the appropriate level of care.
- Communicates with external reviewers and referral sources through implementation of the R.A.P process and conduct all required external reviews and maintain documentation of all such interaction.
- Ensures that third-party payors are notified of, or participate in, decisions about appropriate transitions between levels of care.
- Coordinates activities to provide the community with resources and referrals.
- Prepares monthly statistics for the marketing and administrative departments.
- Prepares morning meeting reports to communicate pertinent census information, referral sources, pending admissions and follow-up action pending admissions, pending discharges and nature of discharge.
- Coordinates with PAT assessments of all patients who are potential involuntary admissions.
- Provides guidance to community resources available to person inappropriate or unavailable for admission but who are requiring further guidance and referrals.
- Maintains records of temporary privileges for all physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, and allied health professionals and coordinates staffing privileges with Medical Staff Coordinator and Medical Director.
- Provides services to current referral sources to assure their satisfaction and continued associations.
- Allocates and coordinate program resources for marketing and referral development activities.
- Provides education, support and recognition to staff participating in referral development activities.
- Collaborates with the Director of Business Development to develop, implement and monitor a target marketing plan for the program.
- Provides for guest relations and ensure the appearance of the facility and manner in which program staff communicate with patients, families, referral sources and fellow staff is effective and professional.
- Ensures the implementation of an ongoing system of program orientation for patients, families and professionals and others.
Engage and Inspire – Create an environment in which people do their best work
Build Talent – Utilize established interviewing and selection processes to select the right people for the right job and the right time.
Coach and Develop Others – Utilize a systematic approach to coaching which includes setting goals and expectations; creating a learning environment and providing continuous feedback.
Manage Conflict – Address and resolve conflict directly and constructively
Functional Knowledge – Proficient in specialized technical knowledge of discipline / specialty area; demonstrate knowledge of Joint Commission standards and other related regulatory and/or quality agencies.
Quality and Process Improvement – Focus on quality, patient/employee safety and error reduction; applies best practices by continuously improving services, methods or approaches.
Manage Resources - Actively utilize functional resources (internal and external agencies, UHS, etc.) in developing creative solutions to address problems
Manage Change –Respond to new regulations, changing economic conditions, hospital staffing, external environment, etc.
Communication and Relationship Building – Effectively communicate at all levels; able to build credibility with professionals, physicians, healthcare professionals and constituents within the community.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300 Subsidiaries
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred: Master’s Degree
- Licensure and certification Required: RN, LPC, LMSW, or LMFT in Texas; CPR and hospital de-escalation certifications.
- Experience Required: Seven years of clinical intake/admissions and 3 years of management experience. Preferred: Experience in inpatient psychiatric setting.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.