One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
Hill Crest Behavioral Health Services has 195 beds and is the only free-standing, full-service psychiatric hospital in the Greater Birmingham, AL area. Hill Crest’s campus-like setting provides an active, positive treatment environment for patients and their families. Drawing from a rich tradition in treating psychiatric illness for more than 80 years, Hill Crest remains on the cutting edge of new developments and offers a full continuum of care for both inpatient and outpatient: acute child, adolescent, and adult. Hill Crest Behavioral Health Services also offers residential treatment for adolescents (ages 12 – 17) from Alabama and other states in need of long-term treatment, due to severe behavioral, emotional and/or family problems.To learn more visit: https://www.hillcrestbhs.com/
• Monitors and controls accounts receivables. Closely oversees Business Office functions to ensure cash collection goals are met, and net revenue is properly stated. Facilitates weekly A/R meeting with CEO and Business Office Manager to communicate results and monitor areas of weakness. Monitors and affects as needed relationship between Business Office, Intake and Utilization Review departments to maximize patient revenue.
• Improves the profitability of the hospital. Continually monitors costs in all areas, especially staffing as it relates to patient volume. Continually monitors payor mix and length of stay to maximize reimbursement. Assists in negotiation of contract terms with third party payers. Prepares pro-forma analysis of new program, contracts, etc. to determine estimated outcome. Monitors and evaluates success/failure of implemented program including physician arrangements.
• Develops policies and procedures. Develops and monitors policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced hospital operating costs, and increased revenues.
• Prepares monthly financial statements, financial packages, and other informational reports/analyses. Through account analysis, variance analysis, journal entries, and internal controls, prepares detailed financial statements to accurately reflect the monthly operating results.
• Provides required reporting. Provides reconciliations, account analyses, and other information for Reimbursement Department, Tax Department, Auditors, etc., to aid in preparation of reports.
• Prepares annual budget in conjunction with UHS standards. In cooperation with management and department heads, reviews prior financial results and discusses anticipated changes to highlight future needs and trends of the facility. Tailor’s hospital needs to UHS objectives.
• Performs other duties as assigned/required.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial leadership role in a healthcare setting. •Minimum education requirement of a Bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred •Proven record of success improving the profitability of a hospital by continually monitoring costs in all areas, especially staffing as it relates to patient volume. •At least 5 years of experience overseeing the Business Office functions to ensure cash collection goals are met, and net revenue is properly stated.
This opportunity offers the following: •Challenging and rewarding work environment •Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries •Competitive Compensation•Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan •401k plan with company match •Generous Paid Time Off •Relocation benefits •Bonus opportunity •UHS Stock Options opportunity
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.EEO StatementAll UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.NoticeAt UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Upper Merion Township, PA