Arrange the registration of patients assuring appropriate departmental policies and procedures are followed. Represent St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center to the patient in a manner, which is professional, caring, and compassionate.
- Assess the condition of the patient and prioritize upon arrival.
- Assure that accurate and complete demographic and medical information is entered into the computer and presented to the medical staff in a timely manner.
- Secure all proper signatures and forms from all patients at the time of registration.
- Notify appropriate personnel when registration is complete.
- Assure that patient is taken or directed to the proper department and/or room when departing from registration.
- Assure that all Pre-Cert., referrals and Auth #'s are obtained or a waiver signed on all that are required.
- Timely and accurately complete transfer requests from nursing floors. Process newborns, REHAB, and other admissions as instructed from floors.
- When downtime procedures are in effect produce embossed cards error free.
- Enter registration data with an error rate of 5% or less. Completing all corrections in a timely manner no longer than 4 days, sending appropriate corrections to all required (i.e.…business office, medical records, departments, floors, physicians, billing services, etc.).
- Separate, file and distribute records and follow-up on all charts by the end of shift.
- Perform proper techniques in copying and tearing down ER charts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Enter ER charges on patients timely and accurately.
- Maintain the Hospitality House functions of the department making sure reservations and moneys collected are in accordance with hospital policy.
- Reconcile cash box at the end of shift without overages or shortages and with proper documentation.
- Keep accurate records for PhyAmerica (ER physicians billing service) including reconciliation and sending information timely and accurately.
- Provide daily reports to ER staff including but not limited to: Bed Roster by midnight, ER report, Referral reports.
- Discuss patient financial obligations, pursues payment, collects estimated charges or deposits according to procedure and documents all necessary information.
- QA's Inpatient charts, maintains accurate logging of daily Inpatients, makes necessary corrections, and corrected copy distribution.
- Accurately schedules patients in the scheduling system by name, date of birth and social security number. Obtains all appropriate demographic information.
- Schedules procedures in accordance with guidelines set up in the scheduling system. To include but not limited to: adding and deleting duplication of tests and rescheduling of tests to facilitate scheduling all tests at the appropriate time with approval of physicians.
- Communicates by fax, times/dates of tests and procedures to physician’s offices as appropriate. Requests insurance information from physician’s offices for each patient.
- Maintains daily log of all physicians, patients, and case date for each scheduled case.
- Performs SMS Software Maintenance to include editing, building time values, building and revising resources, including working with appropriate departments to gather information from prep notes.
- Is proficient in blocking and unblocking scheduled times as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- One-year college preferred.
- Minimum of one-year full-time business or healthcare clerical experience required. Emphasis in clerical experience must include high degree of public contact.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Medical terminology experience preferred.
- Must have strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Must successfully complete the pre-employment assessment.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.