“I have made lasting friendships, have worked with some tremendous individuals, and have gained so much knowledge and experience during my time here." - Jennifer B., HR Manager
We share a passion and a purpose: to empower people to live meaningful lives. Our commitment to the people we support equips them to realize their full potential and live with the greatest degree of independence. We also work to change public perception as we relentlessly pursue a vision of communities that embrace the abilities of every individual.
If you would like to start an exciting career with an organization committed to excellence and innovation, please consider joining the UCP of Central PA team!
When it comes to where you work, we know you’ve got choices. Why not choose the leading edge of working here? As a Talent Acquisition Manager at UCP, you’ll enjoy:
- Opportunity to make a measurable difference every day!
- Position Type / Hours per week– FT
- Benefits may include: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, 403(b) with Company Match, Life and Disability Insurance, Company Contributions to Your HSA, Paid Time Off, and more!
- Extensive orientation program that will equip you for success
- Employee recognition programs to ensure that you feel valued and appreciated
- Multiple forums for providing feedback to the executive team so that your voice is heard
When it comes to what you’ll do as a Talent Acquisition Manager at UCP, here’s what to expect:
- Oversee the overall Employment operations (recruitment, selection, and hiring) for the Agency. Ensure that all Employment processes and systems are effective, efficient, and legally compliant.
- Manage the ATS/TBS applicant tracking systems for the Agency. Provide detailed current data reports on applicants, successfully screened candidates and hires, along with the time to fill positions, and any other reports that may be needed to help determine the efficacy of the organization’s recruitment and selection efforts.
- Design and manage the Employment workflow process to minimize downtime and expedite time to hire by minimizing/streamlining the transactional processes and create a positive experience for Hiring Managers and job candidates.
- Develop and oversee pre-employment and post-employment administrative processes, such as skills testing, pre-employment background checks, motor vehicle driving background checks, contingent offer letters, tuberculosis testing and physical exams, and final offer letters.
- Complete follow-up on background checks that require further investigation. Complete and distribute adverse action and decision letters. Act as lead contact for the background check vendor.
- Manage all selection systems. Ensure that Hiring Manages apply candidate screener tools that are legally compliant and efficient. Update interview guides as necessary. Screen applicants and conduct interviews utilizing theme and behaviorally-based interviewing processes. Provide applicants with helpful and compelling information that will generate interest in working at UCP (ie. benefits information, core principles, staff member testimonials, etc.) Coordinate the assignment of Hiring Managers and certified interviewers to fill all vacancies. Assist in development and delivery of Hiring Manager training for all selection systems.
- Coordinate the external employer branding for UCP. Work collaboratively with the Marketing/Communications Department to create recruiting materials which are consistent with the UCP branding campaign. Develop recruitment materials that are reflective of the employer brand and showcase the UCP in ways that fit target audiences.
- Partner with Hiring Managers to develop candidate generation strategies. Develop and maintain relationships with employment agencies, universities, professional organizations, community groups, conference/workshop organizers, and other recruitment sources. Analyze the need for employment advertisements for open positions for both print and internet sources. Identify creative, traditional, and low-cost mediums for job postings. Represent the Agency at recruitment and industry events. Maintain a territory-wide career fair calendar. Ensure attendance at local career fairs by assisting field staff to appropriately represent UCP at recruiting events. Manage the Employee Referral Program. Develop and implement a comprehensive and targeted recruitment plan to achieve required staffing levels in a consistent and predictable manner.
- Coordinate Diversity Recruiting Initiatives. Provide oversight to Agency recruiting efforts that support the Diversity Strategic Plan initiatives. Partner with affinity organizations to ensure diversity in candidate pools. Utilizing the state Department of Labor and other state demographic data, establish a formal Diversity Recruiting Plan. Engage with "Strategic Alliance Partners"; and utilize niche recruitment sourcing sites, professional associations, and partnerships to enhance diversity recruitment efforts.
- Partner with the Hiring Managers to provide value added, customer focused, cost effective staffing solutions that support the needs of the business and provide positive candidate experiences. Establish and build strong working relationships with Hiring Managers. Manage competing staffing priorities across functional groups and geographical areas. Work with Hiring Managers in order to understand their recruitment needs, while working within the budgetary limitations of the Employment Department.
- Ensure that all Hiring Managers are well trained in all Employment procedures and systems. Present recruitment and selection curriculum at regularly scheduled New Supervisor Orientation trainings.
- Partnering with the Director of Human Resources, ensure that the Executive Team maintains and supports a disciplined Position Planning/Workforce Planning process that ensures that position needs are identified far in advance and managed accurately. Develop and implement creative sourcing strategies to develop a “ready pipeline” of “pre-qualified” applicants. Develop and implement candidate generation strategies that are proactive and lead to an on-going pipeline of candidates for designated critical positions; in the most cost effective and resource efficient manner.
- Leverage performance metric data to manage workloads and adapt recruiting processes. Develop performance data that demonstrates an ROI for targeted recruiting strategies.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local Employment Laws & Practices. Maintain knowledge of employment trends and legal/regulatory requirements.
What we’re looking for in a Talent Acquisition Manager at UCP:
- Bachelor's degree within a related discipline and 5 to 7 years of learning experience within a related professional discipline preferred OR Master's degree within a related discipline and 2 to 5 years of learning experience within a related professional discipline preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience leading the employment function of an HR Department that recruits employees at professional and (majority) para-professional levels within a highly regulated operating environment.
- Experience in the recruitment of para-professional staff in the human services sector - mental health, skilled nursing, ID/Autism and the disabled community is a plus.
- Previous experience with the application of behaviorally-based interviewing systems.
- Valid Driver's License and 6 months of previous driving experience.
Preferred, but not required
- Previous experience with the application of recruitment strategies within a non-profit organization.
- SHRM HRCI PHR or SPHR, certified DDI Targeted Selection Interviewer, certified DDI Card Sort job analyst, certified Theme-based Interviewer.
While performing the duties of this position, a Talent Acquisition Manager at UCP will:
- Continuously sit, use a computer, express and exchange ideas, communicate with others, and apply visual acuity less than 20 inches
- Occasionally move 1-10 pounds, and apply color vision perception
- Rarely stand, walk, twist, move 11-50 pounds, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, climb stairs, reach above shoulders, walk on uneven surfaces, apply visual acuity greater than 20 feet, and apply visual depth perception and field of vision (if vehicle driving duties assigned)
UCP Central PA is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.