Responsible for completing all aspects of regulatory compliance testing and reporting on client products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• May act as lead engineer on complex projects. Participate in setting technical direction; plan schedule and coordinate detailed phases of a project. May train other test engineers and test technicians.
• Test moderate to highly complex equipment. Ensure product meets regulatory compliance requirements.
• Prepare test development project quotes and proposals by assisting in defining customer technical requirements, test strategies and selecting test equipment.
• Establish and maintain professional relationship with customers. Consult with customer on highly complex issues.
• Liaise with other global laboratories to ensure consistency and accuracy of methods and interpretations.
• Document test results for correction actions, report and audits. Analyze test data and determine expected outcome for tests. Identify and report all deviations.
• Maintain confidentially of all TUV and client information.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities
• Advanced engineering knowledge, understanding of testing requirements, manufacturing processes, drawings and standards.
• Excellent communication skills, to relay complex scientific and technical information in a clear, concise, and understandable manner, verbally and in technical writing.
• Advanced analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Knowledge of US and international regulatory standards and approval requirements.
• Demonstrated knowledge of western consumer values and expectations in regards to foreseeable product use and abuse.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
• Ability to travel. Valid driver’s license required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent education and/or experience.
• Regulatory Testing training
• 6 years of test experience evaluating products in accordance with product regulatory standards.
• Experience using automated test tools.
• Experience testing to NEC, NFPA, UL, CSA, IEC, EN Standards preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Office and laboratory environment
• Personal Computer
• Travel to client locations.
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role.
TUV Rheinland North America EEO Statement
As a global business, TUV Rheinland North America relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goal of Creative People, Practical solutions serving our client needs, and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil rights Act of 1964. We continuously seek talented, qualified employees in our world-wide operations regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. TUV Rheinland North America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer/ Federal Contractor desiring priority referrals of all protected veterans for job openings.
25 - 50
$10M - $50M
The job skills required for Senior Test Engineer include Problem Solving, Troubleshooting, Communication Skills, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Senior Test Engineer. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Senior Test Engineer. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Senior Test Engineer positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Senior Test Engineer, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Test Engineer IV that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Senior Test Engineer. You can explore the career advancement for a Senior Test Engineer below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
For many organizations, a resume and cover letter are not enough for them to make a hiring decision. If this is the case, you may be asked to complete a job application as wellHow to Describe Your Education in a Resume
It takes time to build a resume. This is especially true if you choose to tailor your resume to each job you apply for.How to Write a Memorable Cover Letter in 5 Ways
There seem to be many different ways to mess up cover letters, and so many questions to ask. Is your cover letter formal or casual enough? Is it too long or too short?4 Personal Finance Tips to Make During Job Transition
A job transition is stressful, mainly if you're unsure of where you want to go. Besides a new position or company, you may also consider moving to another city or country to find work.4 Best Camera Setups for Interview
In the past few years, more companies switched to online interviews for their hiring process. About 86% of companies practice virtual interviews, which will most likely increase.Keeping a Job Search Journal: 9 Types of Journaling You Can Do
Job search journals can help capture your mood, disappointments, enthusiasm, discoveries, and connections during your job hunt.