Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications; classified as full-time salaried; exempt and not eligible for overtime.
Reports to: Shallon Manion, Director of Production and Head Stylist
Tuckernuck is looking for a Stylist to provide fashion guidance, choose and coordinate outfits and accessories for models on Tuckernuck photoshoots, and help with overall preparation for shoots. This person will partner with our Head Stylist to align on styling and merchandising and assist with trend reports, style guides and lineups. They will assist on set and maintain best practices and processes for ecommerce and editorial styling.
- Review styling powerpoint notes in preparation for Ecommerce shoots
- Review styling notes with Head stylist prior to photoshoots to ensure proper dressing and styling of the model
- Submit any necessary pulls to ensure the needed merchandise is in-studio prior to the e-commerce and editorial shoots
- Pre-style, organize, and prep all garments and accessories to ensure all items are photo ready
- Follow a seasonal styling guide and management's direction to translate styling trends to e-commerce friendly looks to showcase seasonal focuses and buying investments
- Keeping merchandise organized and dressing models in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet productivity goals
- Collaborate with Lead Photographer to manage time and pacing on set
- Assist with Ecommerce selecting
- Assist in daily and weekly photoshoot planning and merchandise prioritization
- Collaborate and work closely with management and peers to improve and elevate e-commerce styling
- Trend and brand research to style effectively and inspire the FWRD customer
- Meet with Creative Director & Head Stylist weekly to get input on models selected for various campaigns and input on styling of campaigns and e-commerce shoots.
- Assist with Mentoring third party stylists
- Assist with on set home or prop styling
- Basic understanding of the studio environment
- Prior experience with product styling, fashion styling, and/or merchandising
- Experience in retail or working in e-commerce
- Proficient in Gmail and Google Drive
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Physically able to lift over 25 lbs
- Portfolio with women’s and men’s styling, studio or styling assistant
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Ability to work in the intensity of a high production studio and capable of upholding the highest quality standards
- Understanding of retail and e-commerce trends
- Ability and desire to work with a team as well as independently
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks, and stay calm under pressure
- Self-starter with outstanding verbal and written communication
- Team player who is able to take direction
- Quick learner and strong problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Desire to improve everything they touch, to learn, and to grow
Tuckernuck Core Values
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Tuckernuck team to make a difference.
- Teamwork Makes the Dream Work
- Start Strong & Finish Strong
Tuckernuck is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Tuckernuck policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.