Performs a variety of patient food service duties including working various positions on patient tray line, delivering supplies and nourishment items to floors, working in dish room and other related duties. Maintains all work areas and related storage areas in a safe, sanitary condition.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Assumes a variety of tray assembly positions on patient tray line including caller, dairy, toast, hot food, soup, salad/dessert, and beverage position.
2. Works in dish room, stripping trays returned from patients and loading onto and unloading from dish machine.
3. Assembles and delivers food supplies to patient food pantries on floors.
4. Delivers meal trays to patient rooms and retrieves trays after meals.
5. Delivers special nourishment items to floors.
6. Delivers celebration meals to Family Life Center.
7. Maintains all work areas in a safe, sanitary manner by performing a number of cleaning duties.
8. Assures that all products prepared meet dept. quality standards.
9. Maintains productivity to assure that food service needs are met.
10. Follows safe food handling procedures to assure food wholesomeness at all times.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to read and follow directions. A minimum of six months of experience as a diet aide or related job preferred.
1. Requires prolonged standing, walking, or other constant physical movements.
2. Requires lifting of items weighing up to 50 lbs. and going in and out of walk-in refrigerators frequently.
1. Reports to the Food Service Supervisor.
2. This position is not responsible for supervising the work of any other employees.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
The job skills required for Dietary Aide include food service, food handling, Commitment, Accountability, Dedication etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Dietary Aide. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Dietary Aide. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Dietary Aide, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Dietary Aide for your reference.