Located in Springfield’s beautiful historic district, Saint Luke’s Home is a real home for its residents. The grounds include lovely gardens that the residents help to maintain.
Inside, all rooms are private, and residents may decorate them with personal items and furniture, or use furnishings we provide. A spacious activity area and large dining room provide areas for socializing with fellow residents, and a serene chapel offers a quiet space and time for devotion and reflection.
With its urban location, Saint Luke’s home is within walking distance of libraries, museums, churches, parks and shops – enabling residents to take advantage of the many resources the city has to offer.
According to established procedures, performs repetitive cleaning tasks and maintains assigned facility area in an orderly and sanitary condition. In doing so, moves furniture, equipment and supplies in and around facility departments and performs a variety of light housekeeping duties.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Demonstrates, promotes and integrates the Trinity Health Senior Communities Mission and core values by completing the following:
1. Follows cleaning assignments, fills housekeeping carts with materials and supplies, mixes cleaning solutions and transports same to work areas. Maintains all chemicals in their proper containers with the appropriate labels.
2. Cleans assigned areas by washing furnishings, tile fixtures and equipment with germicidal cleaning solutions. Cleans, sanitizes and maintains all resident rooms, bathrooms and offices within specific schedules. Sanitizes and polishes sinks, tubes, toilets, brass, mirrors and the like.
3. Removes soiled bed linens from residents rooms, makes beds with fresh linens in prescribed manner if so assigned. Upon discharge of residents, strips, cleans, sanitizes and makes beds, and cleans other furniture if so assigned.
4. Sweeps and mops all floor areas. Vacuums carpets using light vacuum, spot cleans carpets using appropriate solutions and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly manner after cleaning assigned areas. Disposes of trash by emptying wastebaskets and bringing trash to the dumpster.
5. Brings resident or facility laundry to laundry room and launders properly if so assigned. Returns clean laundry to resident’s room or to laundry storage areas.
6. Visually inspects area upon completion of cleaning to ensure appropriate levels of cleanliness and neatness have been achieved. Customer satisfaction and a focus on quality improvement are evident in all aspects of work.
7. Cleans and performs routine maintenance on sanitation equipment and notifies supervisor of equipment needing further repair. Returns unused supplies to utility room, cleans cart and equipment.
8. Follows all safety and infection control procedures according to Federal, State and Facility policies. Ensures that all tasks are performed to assure resident and personal safety and protection of co-workers and (facility) property
9. Demonstrates, promotes, and integrates the mission of the Sisters of Providence Health System and its core values in daily work activities.
10. Promotes and participates in educational programs, both formally and informally to include outside educational programs. Annually attends all required educational programs including (but not limited to) at least one session each year of the following: fire safety, infection control, disaster response, hazard communication, resident rights/abuse, blood borne pathogens, corporate compliance and annual PPD requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions and some experience in a long-term care setting preferred.
2. Work requires the analytical ability to read and understand instructions.
3. Work requires the ability to understand and respond to simple written or verbal instructions. Occasionally requires contact with residents and or visitors, which involves ordinary courtesy.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Social & Legal Services
25 - 50
$10M - $50M
Skilled Nursing Services & Residential Care
Trinity Health Senior Communities (THSC) is a non-profit senior housing and nursing care organization headquartered in Livonia, Mich., and offers Independent Living apartments, Assisted Living apartments, Memory Care, Long Term Care and Rehabilitation services. Serving more than 35,000 seniors a year, THSC is a member of Trinity Health, the second largest Catholic health system in the country. Our communities are consistent neighborhoods of residents and caregivers who work, grow and share life experiences together. Our goal is to create places of well-being that nourish body, mind and spirit ...through uncompromising services and standards. THSC residents enjoy the very best in individualized services and amenities. Our communities provide warm, friendly environments, a broad selection of social and recreational activities, fine dining and health care options uniquely designed to meet the ever-changing needs of older adults. THSC colleagues enjoy engaging, meaningful work, a comprehensive benefits package, and the resources of a large organization, making the difference in the lives of incredible seniors, working with some of the most talented in the senior care industry!
The job skills required for Housekeeper include Housekeeping, Laundry, Commitment, Infection control, Container, Dedication, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Housekeeper. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Housekeeper. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
Infection controlView Jobs
The following is the career advancement route for Housekeeper positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Housekeeper, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Housekeeping Supervisor that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Housekeeper. You can explore the career advancement for a Housekeeper below and select your interested title to get hiring information.