Trevco helps licensed brands materialize their vision through the creation of digitally native brands manufactured in our global, vertically integrated print-on-demand platform. We are partnered with 1,000 of the world’s most beloved brands such as Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Warner Bros, ViacomCBS, NBCUniversal, DreamWorks, colleges & universities across the US, UK, EU, and many more. Due to our latest acquisition of Mandarin International Brands, Trevco has become the only global e-commerce print-on-demand (POD) technology solution provider for licensed consumer products and direct-to-consumer-branded eCommerce shops.
Reporting to the Trevco UK Managing Director, this position will be responsible for daily leadership of the finance function of the UK business. In this role, you will work closely with company leadership to provide key financial and operational insight that will inform key business decisions and strategy. At Trevco, we Aspire for More, this role will be at the center of driving the function forward while interacting with several key stakeholders from multiple global departments such as Technology, Licensing, Production and Supply Chain (both in the UK and abroad).
In the First Month you will...
· Become familiar with marketplace trends, historical performance, projected sales targets, and key strategic objectives.
· Immediately dive into our ERP, learning about our systems workflow, reporting and integrations.
· Learn about the preparation and oversight of the budgeting and forecasting processes with the end goal of partnering with our FP&A team to own its execution.
· Perform initial assessment of internal controls and oversee creation and maintenance of reporting procedures, policies, and tools.
· Familiarize yourself with Trevco’s monthly close process and begin your evaluation of current vs. future state.
Sharpen your skills in Month 2 by...
· Partnering with the Accounting Manager to ensure month-end closing is completed on time and accurately (financial statements clearly reflect all activities for the month including booking accruals).
· Analyzing and explaining monthly results/KPIs, including additional analysis as needed for reporting periods (half-year, year-end) and quarterly performance reviews with CFO and other Executive Management and including pricing, profitability, marketplace fees, and shipping reconciliations.
· Examining actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs and providing reports to management.
Execute in Month 3 by…
· Supporting reporting requirements for tax (corporate, sales tax, etc.), other external audit requests, debt compliance, etc. as needed.
· Co-leading inventory control, (cycle counts) counting process including year-end inventory counts.
· Ensuring timely and accurate compliance with all financial reporting, tax reporting and regulatory filing requirements.
· Analyzing the business results of promotions and pricing changes.
· Collaborating with the purchasing and operations teams to optimize costs and pricing of new products.
· Central ownership of UK forecasting, planning, and analysis. In this role, you will partner with UK business leaders, as well as the global FP&A lead and CFO to develop relevant forecast data in support of management’s strategic objectives. This includes sales and royalty forecasts, prospective financial statements, operating plans, and company budgets.
· Leadership of accounting team and oversight (review and sign-off) of monthly financial close process and related accounting cycles (e.g., AR, AP, payroll, royalty reporting).
· Lead coordination with external tax advisors to maintain local tax compliance, timely filings, and optimization of tax exposure.
· Lead implementation and oversight of transfer pricing policy to appropriately account for intercompany activity.
· Oversight of inventory costing, tracking, and the related reporting responsibilities. Lead the implementation and oversight of inventory best practices (including count procedures) to ensure key financial assertions (existence, completeness, valuation) are successfully met.
· Key point of contact for external audit and ad hoc royalty audits.
· Serve as key resource of decision support and analysis in the form of financial statement review, KPIs, variance / budget-to-actual, and forecast modeling.