Few earn the chance to offer exceptional quality service due in part to the longevity of those who join our team. Associate’s average over a decade of experience with The Westin Cincinnati rating us above our regional area in associate satisfaction within HEI Hotels & Resorts as a great place to work. Compensation ranks us as very competitive in the downtown market with a full scale of health & welfare benefits. Paid days off for vacation and sick time along with holiday pay is available. The 401(k) retirement plan has company based matching contributions. And being a well-known global brand allows you be part of the largest hotel company in the world with access to over 30 brands in total using our generous hotel discount program. At Westin, discover a place where you are given a choice, not just to get up, but to rise. Don't meet every single requirement of this job? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At HEI we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to still send in your information. You may be the perfect candidate for this or for other roles within our organization! We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.
Assist the Hotel Departments in their purchasing needs, while monitoring hotel spending.
- Communicate with Director Food and Beverage, Executive Chef and Sous Chefs and order all F and B products according to hotel needs and specifications. Forecast operational needs and schedule deliveries of all food and beverage items.
- Monitor the grades and quality of products received to ensure that they meet the hotel's established standards.
- Determine the food and beverage requirements for all catering menus, and orders according to guarantee of the menus.
- Participate in all hotel meetings including weekly staff, Food and Beverage, and daily menu meeting.
- Supervise purchasing staff, including interviewing prospective associates for the purchasing department, training, coaching, counseling and discipline, to ensure the smooth operation of all aspects of the purchasing department, such as ordering, receiving, issuing and storing.
- Obtain bids from vendors, using the telephone and FAX machines, according to the specifications set by the department heads. Determine the best possible price for the desired items, and place orders for all non-food items. Schedule deliveries of non-food items to meet the operational needs outlined by the department heads.
- Maintain HEI Hotels and Resorts purchasing programs and arrangements. Ensure adherence to all corporate purchasing policies and procedures such as requisition process.
- Personally check and ensure appropriate levels of inventories are maintained to minimize waste and maximize ratio turnover.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Must have full knowledge of food, beverage, general and printing products and purchasing procedures.
- Basic mathematical and computer skills to order items and track deliveries.
- Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct, coach, train and discipline associates, as necessary.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed. Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. Specific details and eligibility of these programs vary by location and employment status.
Work today, get paid today! We proudly partner with DailyPay, a voluntary benefit that allows our associates access to their earnings when they want them.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.