We strive to create an extraordinary living and learning environment through our passion for customer experience and strong partnerships in our communities.
The Maintenance Technician II provides a customer-centric focus to maintenance and repair services for an assigned property, including responding to service requests, carrying out preventive maintenance tasks, preparing apartments at turnovers, and requesting the required parts and supplies in a timely matter.
- FLSA Status Exempt
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Demonstrate proficiency in Building Automation Systems (BAS), Entrata and CMMS systems for timely logging of service requests and completed work.
- Maintain the physical condition of the property according to The Scion Group’s Standard Operating Procedures, OSHA and Industry’s standards.
- Perform physically demanding work to maintain the asset, and other property features to minimize liability concerns.
- Assume responsibility over operating, system monitoring/diagnostics, and preventative testing for major building systems such as air handling units with outside condensers (RTU), domestic hot water heaters, electrical distribution systems, switchgears and controls, uninterrupted power supply (UPS), parking structures (ventilation/drainage Systems, T-Joints), entrance & exit gates and overhead doors, shingled/tarred roof, EIFS, brick, vinyl and cementitious sideboard.
- Operate system monitoring/diagnostics, preventative testing for life safety systems such as: fire pumps, fire alarm monitoring panels, dry/wet sprinkler systems, visual and audible alarms, back flow preventers, smoke detectors, CO2 sensors/alarms, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, means of egress, and fire dampers.
- Assist in creating emergency and disaster preparedness plans and protocols.
- Maintain key management protocols and security, ensuring building and apartment doors are locked and secure when appropriate and unlocking apartment doors and accompany/escort various vendors as needed.
- Coordinate delivery and work schedules with vendors, contractors as approved by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Coordinate maintenance objectives and daily assignments with the Supervisor.
- Diagnose and perform routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner.
- Assure all service requests are completed daily.
- Document work performed and parts used; and submit daily upon completion, including legible notes on what was done, the supplies used, further follow-up and materials needed, date and signature of completion.
- Promote good public relations with residents, service staff, contractors, and management through great “people” attitude and resident trust.
- Inspect vacated apartments and record necessary repairs and maintenance, informing the Maintenance Supervisor of needed services and repairs.
- Routinely perform duties including basic appliance repair, general carpentry, plumbing/fixture repair, painting, and basic electric & lighting to make apartments ready on a timely basis, and ensure meeting completion dates set by the General Manager/Property Manager.
- Routinely inspect interior common areas and the exterior of the property, ensuring daily upkeep of all common areas with company standards, and all the light fixtures are in working order.
- Complete preventive maintenance tasks on all equipment and operating systems to ensure warranty compliance and extended useful life.
- Clean coils and condensers, lubricate equipment, maintain air filters and perform minor repair work as assigned.
- Perform routine clean up at repair location or in maintenance shop, keeping working area clean and safe.
- Maintain parts and supply inventory, as authorized.
- Clean and organize the workshops, storerooms, boiler rooms, and utility rooms.
- Clean pools; adjust and maintain chemicals to proper levels, if needed.
- Pressure-wash sidewalks, buildings, pool decks, etc.
- Assist in snow removal at property, as required.
- Assume responsibility for after-hours emergencies at the direction of the company supervisor/manager.
- Undertake training related to job duties as deemed necessary.
The responsibilities listed above may not be all-inclusive; however, they are indicative of the type of activities normally performed by the Maintenance Technician II.
What We Require
- High school/GED or trade school diploma and a minimum of 3-5 years of full-time general maintenance experience, or an equivalent combination
- HVAC certification
- EPA 608 certification (Type I & II)
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO), or intention to obtain within six months
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Knowledge of key management and security systems
- Knowledge of safety procedures with a safety conscious attitude, record of punctuality and dependability, ability to work with pressure of aggressive deadlines, and flexible schedule to accommodate after-hours and weekend emergencies
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to access computer programs and use or learn basic computer operations related to position requirements (ie. Entrata, CMMS, Building Automation system & Digital Control System)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints/drawings and warranties
- Ability and willingness to travel when required
- Ability to stand 8 hours or longer per day and lift up to 100 lbs. as necessary
- Job location is at the assigned property. May be required to travel periodically.
- Serves in an “on-call” capacity, except during approved PTO periods.
The Scion Group LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical or mental disability (as long as the employee/applicant is otherwise qualified for the job with or without a reasonable accommodation), genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, marital status, uniformed service, veteran status, pregnancy or other legally protected status or category under federal or state law. The Scion Group LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in all locations in which the Company has properties. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, training and other terms and conditions of employment. The Scion Group LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities.