Opportunity: Banquet Houseperson
Set up, break down, and service meeting rooms in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Banquet Server – Banquet Captain – Banquet Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Set up meeting rooms according to banquet event order forms and documents to ensure set up meets guest expectations.
- Transport awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms in a safe manner using proper equipment.
- Break down meeting rooms and return banquet items to storage closet in a neat and organized fashion.
- Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms ensuring rooms are presentable at all times.
- Respond to guest requests for service changes in room set up and assist with information requests regarding other areas of the hotel.
- Handle guest complaints personally or if necessary seek assistance from supervisor.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous banquet set up or customer service experience preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on alternate shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, pushing, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.