Title: Associate Social Media & Design Manager
Salary: Full-time, exempt, $50,000 - 60,000k
About The Narrative Project
The Narrative Project is Connecticut’s only anti-racist communications agency, focused on equity, oriented to justice, and dedicated to providing high-quality public relations and full-service communications for mission-driven organizations. Through socially responsible communications consulting, The Narrative Project works to help emerging and established mission-driven organizations reach their diverse publics, build their image, further their mission, and achieve their goals.
As an Associate Social Media & Design Manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively. Ultimately, you should be able to handle the social media presence of TNP and the organizations we serve, ensuring high levels of web traffic and user engagement. You'll perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences; design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals; set specific objectives and report on ROI; generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news); monitor SEO and web traffic metrics; collaborate with other teams, including marketing, sales, development and customer service to ensure brand consistency; and communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews.
- Spearhead campaign planning and communications strategy on social for a portfolio of mission-driven organizations.
- Work directly with Account Managers to conceptualize and realize communications and public relations goals on social media.
- Plan social media posts and campaigns for TNP and its portfolio of partners
- Research, develop and establish the unique voices, tones, brand identities and strategies for 5-7 partner accounts
- Grow audiences and drive engagement on all partner accounts by identifying relevant/trending stories, and creating original storytelling concepts that inspire social conversation
- Manage the social media channels of TNP and the organizations we serve, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms
- Work directly with account managers on developing social strategy and content
- Manage project workflow, with an ability to set clear deadlines and manage expectations
- Produce graphic design, photography and video as needed
- Create dynamic written, graphic, and video content as needed
- Engage in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Optimize content following search engine optimization (SEO)
- Create content that promotes audience engagement, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation
- Analyze and generate reports on audience information, demographics and success of existing social media projects
- Propose new ideas, strategies and concepts for social media content
- Use timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
- Relevant education in graphic design, videography, digital media, social media, communications, interactive digital design, and/or public relations, or some combination of the aforementioned
- Dedication to dismantling harmful narratives surrounding race, ethnicity, privilege and power
- Self-starting, propensity to take initiative with the ability to thrive within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong visual aesthetics that send powerful messages
- Client-focused, energetic and detail-oriented
- Can learn quickly, take both initiative and direction and work with other team members
- Proficiency with the full Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, InDesign, Audition, Illustrator, Premier, etc.
- Knowledge of Vimeo, Youtube, Facebook video and other uploading and sharing platforms
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of production
- Team-first mentality, with an ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment
This position offers room to grow and is an exciting opportunity for any emerging communications professional with an interest in mission-driven, change communications.
- Professional development assistance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
All visitors to the office and employees who are not fully vaccinated and boosted are required to wear a face mask that covers their mouth and nose at all times. We follow a hybrid schedule to limit the amount of consecutive work days we spend in office.
- Social media management: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location