You haven't searched anything yet.
Mystic Cheese Company
225 Leonard Drive #2A Groton, CT 06340
(860) 326-5019 * www.mysticcheese.co
Farmers’ Market Sales Person Wanted!
Do you like working outside? Do you enjoy chatting with folks about the wonders of cheese? Now combine the two! Mystic Cheese Company, a coastal cheesemaker focused on making exceptional cheeses using all single herd milk from local farms, is seeking two to three personable and motivated individuals to help sell cheese at a variety of our Connecticut based Farmers’ Markets.
Primary duties include:
● Sell cheese at busy Farmers’ Markets
● Educate customers about our products and the story behind MCC
● A typical shift represents coming to our facility, loading your car with equipment, going to the market, setting up a stand, selling for a three hour market, and then loading everything back up and coming back to our facility
We are looking for people to work these Farmers’ Markets
● Thursdays 7:45 pm - 4:00 pm
● Saturdays 7:15 am - 2:30 pm
Starting salary is $17-19 depending on experience
Applicants should be available for the entire market season running from immediately to December
● Applicants should be enthusiastic and articulate with good energy
● Knowledge of cheese is not necessary but a plus!
● Experience with food handling
● You will be on your feet for most of the day, and should be able lift 40 pounds
A driver's license and clean driving record is a must - this job entails using your own vehicle with gas compensation. This job can be seasonal, or present opportunities for more hours in the formal cheese shop come end of market season.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
Weekly day range:
Work Location: On the road
Temporary | Part Time