At The Mission Continues, we empower veterans to continue their service and empower communities with veteran talent, skills and preparedness to generate visible impact. We’re investing in veterans, equipping them with the tools and resources to lead a growing veteran volunteer movement. Through networks, training, and pathways, veterans can continue to serve while creating meaningful impact in under-resourced communities.
The Mission Continues is seeking a System Administrator II to support our use of Salesforce as our central information and relationship management platform—for Regional Operations, Development, Programs, measuring impact and scaling our programs. We have big ambitions that require both creative and methodical technology solutions. We use Salesforce to track and support program operations and veteran engagement, funder relationships, revenue progress, and evaluation work.
The System Administrator II will work particularly closely with colleagues on the Development and Regional Operations teams to simplify and automate workload and data analytics. Overall, the System Administrator II will drive be responsible for maintaining our business reporting and dashboard, overseeing our communications program (Pardot & SMS360), managing our application integrations with third party applications, and the overall UX/UI for the CRM.
The ideal candidate is passionate about our mission to serve veterans and is capable of innovating, prioritizing, and supporting a fast paced, diverse community in over 40 cities. This person needs to be highly flexible and willing to solve complex problems while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and customer service possible. We pride ourselves on being design thinkers and focusing our efforts on our internal team members and volunteers. This person must be willing to establish connections with key stakeholders and nurture a culture of innovation.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
1) Administration, Data Analytics and Performance Management
- Manages and provides leadership to the System Administrator I, Hire Our Heroes Fellowship interns and external partners use of Salesforce, team performance management, project management, and overall resource allocation.
- Responsible for the overall user experience and system functionality for the CRM- web integration, profile management, permissions, accessibility, system design and responding to stakeholder feedback to constantly improve our system usability.
- Primary database administrator- maintains agency reporting and dashboards, ensures data quality, customizes apps and objects and builds new tools to obtain data input and output resources to manage key performance indicators.
- Maintains third party application integration with CRM.
- Oversees the Data Integrity Program and establishment of the single version of the truth, maintains system terminology and year of year date set changes.
- Responsible for supporting Development and Fundraising initiatives directly linked to the CRM.
- Supports the organization's help desk as needed.
2) Training and Documentation
- Designs and implements staff onboarding and technology orientation for new staff members, Platoon Leaders and program participants.
- Creates and maintains learning material, policies and procedures related to system usage, best practices and general use guidelines.
3) Project Management and Collaboration
- Manages change management and system implementation projects across all departments by coordinating sequence of activities, timelines, establishing consistent, transparent communication and providing the resources necessary for teams to achieve their milestones and goals.
- Works with cross functional teams to identify new and creative opportunities to leverage the tech ecosystem to support additional business processes, automation or functions.
4) Research and Development
- Acts as an internal resource to other teams that explores and investigates creative ways to harness technology and offer recommendations to advance initiatives.
- Keeps abreast of the latest technologies and offers suggestions for the continuous improvement and maintenance of computer systems.
- Documents technology specifications and requirements that can be used to identify technology gaps and potential solutions.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 3 years experience as a Salesforce administrator and/or developer, with direct experience supporting end-users; Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator with web development or system integration experience.
- Experience managing vendors/partners to implement or develop software applications externally.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous requests, manage laterally and upwards, and do it all with a professional and courteous attitude.
- The ability to provide instruction to audiences of varying technical backgrounds.
- Lifelong learner that is not afraid of a challenge and is always willing to expand their knowledge base.
- Collaborator that enjoys working with teams and is 100% customer oriented.
- Creative thinker that is not afraid to take calculated risks and is always willing to exchange ideas.
- Excellent Microsoft Office, Windows/Mac OSX, and Google Apps skills.
- Passion and commitment to serving this generation of veterans.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Background in technology within the non-profit sector
- Comfort level with Fluency in Apex and Java
- Basic experience with HTML, CSS and content management systems
- A breadth and depth of knowledge and interest in the history and future of database management, cloud computing, and web development
Must have the ability to travel to multiple cities throughout the United States, approximately 6 times per year for 1-2 number of days per week. Multi-day and/or weekend travel will be required on program event dates, which occurs on weekends 1-4 times a year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to move on uneven terrain; carry objects; sit; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. During events, employees are expected to be able to move around a job site and carry up to 50lbs. If you require a reasonable accommodation in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to the Manager of Talent Acquisition & Onboarding.
If the above speaks to you, we’re excited to learn more about you! The Mission Continues recognizes that diverse employees, veterans and supporters are critical to our workforce and mission. We are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all team members are valued and can reach their full potential. We want a team that reflects our diversity, so that we can approach every mission with integrity, compassion and authenticity. Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience. The Mission Continues offers exceptional medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability benefits for all team members. All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check.