Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
Perform various maintenance duties for residential units including basic plumbing, electrical, painting, appliance repairs, cleaning units and grounds for inspections and new occupancy. Provide exceptional service while assessing and repairing the property.
1. Perform basic electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc. and light plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, etc.
2. Perform carpentry work, such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves, sanding and refinishing floors, as well as exterior and interior painting.
3. Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, draperies, locks.
4. Assist in custodial and grounds work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc., in common areas.
5. Responds to work orders, resident requests and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
6. Assist in apartment move-in and move-out inspections and assist the Maintenance Manager or Community Manager in scheduling annual apartment inspections. Complete make-ready process of vacant apartments as directed by Manager.
7. Have knowledge regarding water and gas meter cut-offs, all apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer clean-outs and post map of same.
8. Keep accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work orders, apartment refurbishing, annual inspections, inventories, purchase orders, and perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturers operating manuals.
9. Report any maintenance or resident related concerns to manager in a timely manner.
10. Periodically inspect all units, buildings and common areas, performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed. Make sure storage areas and entrances are locked and adequate lighting in those areas is maintained.
11. Attend and participate in training seminars as requested. Be aware and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) standards and company safety policies and procedures at all times.
12. Ensure effective, timely and professional interactions with residents, contractors and property management team on all maintenance services provided.
13. May be required to track stock control and utilization of maintenance materials.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
‒ 1 year minimum maintenance work experience, or experience in a related field.‒ Any specific skill required by the property.
‒ High School Diploma and training or experience in the following areas: carpentry, light plumbing work, light electrical work, painting, refurbishing and cleaning, air-conditioning.‒ Any specific certifications required by the property.‒ Trade School and/or Military training a plus.‒ Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record may be required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
‒ Willingness to pitch in and work in areas other than strictly repair maintenance; i.e. janitorial, custodial, gardening, painting, etc.‒ Must be personable and trustworthy, able to work well with residents and co-workers, and perform work in a safety conscious manner.‒ Requires the ability to read, speak and comprehend work instructions and safety notices in the English language.
‒ Working in a maintenance environment may mean exposure to dust, fumes, solvents variable lighting conditions and noise.
-Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays if required for emergency, on-call or scheduled shifts.
Rewards & Benefits
We know Michaels’ promise of lifting lives starts with our teammates, so making sure every single teammate is happy, healthy, and set up for a successful future is important to us. As part of our team, you will enjoy a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package including generous paid time off, a 401 (k) plan with a company match, and so much more:
• Help make the world a better place in a team-oriented environment.• Grow with our organization through various professional development opportunities.• Collaborate and thrive in a company culture where all are welcome
Michaels teammates make a difference in the lives of residents, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day.
Come join our team. You’re going to love it here!
$10M - $50M
The job skills required for Maintenance Technician include Plumbing, Carpentry, Painting, Preventive Maintenance, Repairing, Futures, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Maintenance Technician. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Maintenance Technician. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
Preventive MaintenanceView Jobs
The following is the career advancement route for Maintenance Technician positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Maintenance Technician, it can be promoted into senior positions as a General Maintenance Worker III that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Maintenance Technician. You can explore the career advancement for a Maintenance Technician below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Maintenance Technician, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Maintenance Technician for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Maintenance Technician job description and responsibilities
A maintenance technician needs expertise with a wide range of tools, equipment and systems.
02/12/2022: New London, CT
A maintenance technician salary depends on several factors.
01/12/2022: Lebanon, PA
A maintenance technician's job can be physically demanding, as they may carry heavy loads, climb ladders to significant heights, squeeze through narrow spaces or adjust heavy objects.
12/01/2021: Huntington, NY
Also called a maintenance worker or general technician, these professionals ensure the consistent upkeep of all mechanical hardware.
12/04/2021: Springfield, OH
clean and perform routine maintenance on HVAC systems.
01/30/2022: Racine, WI
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Maintenance Technician jobs
Acquire the Appropriate Training.
02/10/2022: Columbia, SC
Check the oil pressure and temperature.
02/25/2022: Evansville, IN
Consider getting some technical training.
01/27/2022: Port Arthur, TX
Engineering Principles for Maintainers and Operators.
01/14/2022: Melbourne, FL
Fasten the tie-down ropes or cables to the forward and aft landing gear cross tubes and secure to ground stakes or tie-down rings.
12/19/2021: Mcallen, TX
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Maintenance Technician.