“After spending 14 years in healthcare, I finally found my home with Arrow Senior Living. It’s home-like environment is not just for the residents but for the team members as well. From day one you embrace the core values, and you see how they impact residents’ quality of life. Arrow is a great company to grow with-it promotes within and the employee appreciation, incentives, and benefits are just a bonus on top of making residents and team members smile. I have become lifelong friends with this team, and I can happily say I love my job and enjoy coming to work.”Position-Plant Operations Director
Position Type- Full Time
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Starting Salary: $54,080
Shift Schedule- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Manager on Duty Weekend Rotation 10am-2pm
Come join our team at The Madison Senior Living located at 14001 Madison Ave. Kansas City, Missouri 64145!
We are looking for someone (like you):
- Keep Quality Consistent: Ensure physical building and grounds are held to the highest standards of maintenance, cleanliness, and appearance.
- Be a Maintenance Manager: Oversee Plant Operations and Housekeeping departments, including budget, staffing, and compliance, so that each department operates efficiently and safely.
- Be a Community Girder:Maintain resident satisfaction with community and their apartments and address requests in a timely manner.
- Be a Safety Scout: Keep safety of employees, guests, and residents at top of mind, whether regarding potential environmental hazards or in relation to emergencies
What are we looking for?
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- A certification and experience in HVACC highly recommended.
- Thorough knowledge of construction, refinishing, painting, plumbing, floor/carpet care, refurbishing required. Landscaping experience a plus.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience in apartment or other multiple unit maintenance with supervisory experience.
- You will possess clear verbal and written communication skills.
- You must have the ability to frequently lift and/or move items more than 50 pounds.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day, and the use of a ladder is required. Job functions require both indoor and outdoor work, including in periods of inclement weather.
- You must be criminally cleared.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than six (6) months prior to or seven (7) days following employment. Must test free from pulmonary tuberculosis at time of health screening.
- Must have a clean driving record as per the insured’s policy.
- Experience in senior housing is preferred.
- You must have skills, knowledge, and competency in the areas of leadership and supervision.
- You must have a working knowledge of current OSHA regulations.
Employment Benefits (We value our benefits):
- Company Match 401(k) with 100% match up to the first 3% and fully vested upon enrollment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance (1st of the month following 60 days of employment-Full Time)
- Disability insurance (Full Time)
- Employee assistance program
- Weekly Employee Recognition Program
- Life insurance (Full Time)
- Paid time off (Full Time employees accrue up to 115 hours each year and Part Time accrue up to 30 hours each year)
- Tuition Reimbursement (after 90 days for FT AND PT employees)
- Employee Referral Program (FT, PT, and PRN)
- Complimentary meal each shift (FT, PT, and PRN)
- Daily Pay Option
- Direct Deposit
- Did we mention that we PROMOTE FROM WITHIN?
Do you want to see how much fun we are at The Madison Senior Living? Please visit us via Facebook:
Or, take a look at our website: https://themadisonseniorliving.com/
Have questions? Want to speak to someone directly? Reach out by calling/texting your own recruiter, Cemma Hurn: 636-875-9849.
Click here to hear about Arrow's Core Values!
About the company
Arrow Senior Living manages a collection of senior living communities that offer varying levels of care including independent living, assisted living, and memory care in 33 properties currently in 6 states (Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio, Arkansas) and employs nearly 1,900 employees!
Arrow Senior Living YouTube-Click Here
Arrow Senior Living serves and employs individuals of all faiths, regardless of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or handicap, except as limited by state and federal law.
Keywords: director, maintenance, physical labor, handyman, tools, operations, senior living, retirement, nursing home