Place of Performance: Washington, DC (Telework Subject to Approval)
SCOPE: The Program Assistants shall provide support services to R/PPR/PDU by studying and analyzing the needs of the public diplomacy (PD) workforce, leading individual public diplomacy sections through a strategic review of local public diplomacy human and program resources, and developing and implementing policy and programming to develop human capital for PD efforts.
All TMG employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Active SECRET clearance.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficiency in the use of cloud-based and traditional word processing software, spreadsheets, presentations (e.g., G Suite, Microsoft, et al), databases and project management tools.
- Ability to learn and work with other software, as well as database applications.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods applicable to researching, analyzing and writing regulatory material and related issue/policy memoranda and interpretations.
- Experience in tracking document flow and clearance processes and distribution of documents to appropriate personnel.
- Experience with U.S. foreign affairs agencies and/or international organizations. Knowledge of Public Diplomacy programs, practices, and theory.
- Familiarity with principles and practices of knowledge management. Familiarity with formulating, writing, and implementing reporting mechanisms, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Experience in formulating and writing policies, processes and procedures for management of the office. Experience in developing reports with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to learn and work with database applications. Demonstrated skills or knowledge of global internet access and research capabilities.
- Experience in program administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring. Strong, timely and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Ability to problem solve in situations where multiple options exist Strong critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Strong ability to also have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work. Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes, directs and coordinates the planning and production of all activities associated with assigned task order projects. Ensures all functions remain on schedule and issues get resolved or escalated. Facilitates regular meetings to review project status for active and pending projects.
- Through oversight, ensures that objectives and goals are accomplished within set funding parameters and timeframes.
- Identifies and mitigates risks. Facilitates the development of a charter and integrated timelines as needed.
- Collaborates with core team to develop solutions and leads project team through implementation and completion. Leads project teams and/or plans and manages assignments of project management, administrative, and program support employees.
- Provides appropriate level of detail while summarizing complex issues succinctly. Demonstrates superior writing and oral communication skills and ensures quality products and services are delivered.
- Creates, maintains, and distributes routine reports, including status reports of individual and groups of projects and programs and updated Gantt charts and/or other formats as required by the government. Serves as main point of contact to clients and the escalation point for any staffing, bandwidth or delivery issues Ensures operations fall within award/contractual guidelines.
- Makes decisions with thorough understanding of procedures, organizational policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Monitors vendor performance, tracks third party deliverables, and reports on conflicts and delays of paid tools/services to the Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
- Prepares materials for use by the PDU at meetings and conferences; designs and prepares creative visual presentations using Airtable, G Suite, PowerPoint, and other applications; prepares background material and reports for meetings with PD stakeholders.
- Produces with minimal supervision regularly-issued cables and/or newsletters to the field, drafted in coordination with R, R/PPR and other PD stakeholders throughout the Department and within the regional and functional bureaus.
- Makes independent decisions on selected matters that can be resolved using own expertise
IT Outsourcing & Consulting
About The Maasai Group
The Maasai Group is a provider of personnel staffing, medical support and security guard services for commercial and government sector.
The job skills required for Program Assistant TO-037 include PowerPoint, Presentation, Organizational Skills, Coordination, Project Management, Oral Communication, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Program Assistant TO-037.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Program Assistant TO-037.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Organizational Skills
1 Day Ago
The following is the career advancement route for Program Assistant TO-037 positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Program Assistant TO-037,
it can be promoted into senior positions as an Administrative Assistant IV that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
Program Assistant TO-037. You can explore the career advancement for a Program Assistant TO-037 below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.