Serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Manages the flow of questions and directs guests within the lobby. Serves as Guest Relations Manager and handles the tracking of service issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Guest Services Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and managing employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Supervises Concierge and/or Bell Staff, when applicable.
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and ensures that all uniformed employees are properly attired and groomed, each wearing a nametag.
• Assists with energy conservation efforts by monitoring compliance during property tours.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
• Conducts regular inspection tours of the entire facility for appearance, safety, staffing, security, and maintenance.
• Sends copy of MOD report to all departments on a daily basis.
• Ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
• Understands and can implement all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Intervenes in any guest/employee situation as needed to insure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and employee well being is preserved.
• Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Maintains high visibility in public areas during peak times.
• Provides immediate assistance to guests as requested.
• Interacts with customers on a regular basis throughout the property to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Records guest issues in the guest response tracking system.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Communicates any variations to the established norms to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
• Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
• Performs Front Desk duties in high demand times.
The job skills required for Guest Services Manager include Guest Service, Customer Service, Coaching, Interviewing, Guest Relations,and quality standards etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Guest Services Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Guest Services Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.