You haven't searched anything yet.
HE LINK & OPTION CENTER, INC.
PROGRAM: Quiet Storm Crisis Triage Living Room
POSITION TITLE: Recovery Support Specialist
DEGREE: High School Diploma
REPORTS TO: Program Director
JOB TYPE: Part-time (6-hour shifts, 24/7/365 days a year operation)
Quiet Storm Crisis Triage Living Room is a crisis respite center in the Hazel Crest community offering free and confidential services for anyone going through a mental health crisis. We aim to reduce unnecessary hospitalizations and arrests and provide a safe, home-like environment.
We are looking for Recovery Support Specialists on a part-time basis working 6-hour shifts, proving respite support, and de-escalation of behavior for Guests.
The Recovery Support Specialist (RSS) will provide peer support services to Guests in The Living Program with serious mental illnesses and other co-occurring disorders. The RSS will assist Guests in de-escalating crisis situations using a trauma-informed, client-centered approach. The RSS will function as a role model to peers by exhibiting competency in personal recovery and use of coping skills. The RSS will coordinate a variety of activities and tasks aimed at assisting Guests in regaining control of their lives and recovery process.
A Recovery Support Specialist must meet the following qualifications:
· Have lived experience with mental illness, or knowledge of, and utilize this in order to connect and empathize with Guests. You do not need to have a college degree, or a degree in a psychology/social work-related field for the position.
· High School Diploma or GED and 2,000 hours (one year) paid/supervised work experience.
· Personal lived experience with mental health illness and having been in recovery for at least one year.
· Current certification as a Mental Health Certified Recovery Support Specialists (CRSS) preferred, or the ability to become certified as a CRSS within one year of employment.
· Knowledge of the Recovery process and the ability to facilitate recovery using established standardized mental health processes.
· Knowledge of the signs and symptoms of mental illness and the ability to assist the Guest to address symptoms using strategies such as positive self-talk.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
· A valid driver’s license and insurance.
· Availability to work weekends.
· Creating a welcoming, accepting, and calm environment in The Living Room.
· Assisting Guests in de-escalating crisis situations using a trauma-informed, client-centered approach.
· Educating, modeling, encouraging and supporting Guests on managing crisis using a variety of tools, including but not limited to personal recovery stories, coping techniques and self-help strategies.
· Utilize and teach problem-solving techniques with Guests as well as how to identify and combat negative self-talk and fears.
· Assisting Guests in articulating personal goals for recovery. Assist Guests in developing a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) based on the Guest’s individual wellness and recovery goals.
· Promoting the Guest’s self-advocacy skills. Assisting Guests in developing empowerment skills and combating stigma through self-advocacy.
Receive mandatory initial Living Room Program training by:
· Completing a two-hour DMH video-based training upon hire.
· Complete 16 hours of CRSS/CPRS Competency Training.
· All staff are expected to become Certified Recovery Specialists (CRSS) within 1 year of being hired.
SALARY: $23,087.00 (annually)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $23,087.00 per year
Expected hours: No more than 30 per week
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: In person
The job skills required for Recovery Support Specialist (6-hour shifts 24/7/365 days) include Problem Solving, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Recovery Support Specialist (6-hour shifts 24/7/365 days). That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Recovery Support Specialist (6-hour shifts 24/7/365 days). Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Recovery Support Specialist (6-hour shifts 24/7/365 days) positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Recovery Support Specialist (6-hour shifts 24/7/365 days), it can be promoted into senior positions as a Patient Accounts Supervisor that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Recovery Support Specialist (6-hour shifts 24/7/365 days). You can explore the career advancement for a Recovery Support Specialist (6-hour shifts 24/7/365 days) below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Recovery Support Specialist, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Recovery Support Specialist for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Recovery Support Specialist job description and responsibilities
They will help the client choose the best path for their own recovery.
01/28/2022: Springfield, MO
The recovery support specialist schedules sessions to discuss strategies for achieving those goals.
03/30/2022: Richland, WA
Certified recovery specialists does counseling and assistance.
01/31/2022: Oakland, CA
They talk with them about their history, explain treatment options, and consider what types of support they may need once discharged.
03/21/2022: Bradenton, FL
They support any positive change, helping persons coming home from treatment to avoid relapse, build community support for recovery, or work on life goals not related to addiction such as relationships, work, or education.
04/08/2022: Oklahoma City, OK
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Recovery Support Specialist jobs
The recovery support specialist, despite not having a clinical role, will require supervision.
01/31/2022: Tampa, FL
Familiar with the disorder themselves, these specialists act as role models for clients facing similar difficulties.
03/20/2022: Lima, OH
Recovery Support Specialists have many valuable connections to community support groups, recovery events, and related activities that can enhance a person’s recovery experience.
04/03/2022: Columbus, GA
Peer support specialists have the advantage of experience on both sides of the recovery equation.
04/17/2022: Riverside, CA
Understand how and why the recovery model has developed.
01/29/2022: Somerset, NJ
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Recovery Support Specialist.