The Maintenance Supervisor's primary duty is to supervise the on-site maintenance team members and provide leadership guidance, technical direction, and customer satisfaction. Maintenance Supervisors have a broad technical knowledge of the multifamily housing industry and understand that paying attention to minor details while staying organized is a critical component in Creating Exceptional Living Environments.
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills
• Ability to prioritize & multitask while leading your maintenance team.
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism, patience, & a people-first attitude. At the same time, project a mindset over your team members & vendors.
• Must have basic to intermediate knowledge of plumbing, sheetrock, general carpentry & electrical, when no license is required;
• Responsible for pool care and pest control if required by property;
• Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and plans.
• Must regularly use independent judgment (following prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities, emergencies, etc.;
• Must be able to deal with moderate to high-stress levels due to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities, and supervising team members;
• Must be able to interact with residents regularly, vendors, contractors, supervisors, team members, & coworkers using/demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills;
• Must have strong problem-solving skills
• Must possess broad technical knowledge of the multifamily industry.
• Training & overseeing job performance of direct reports;
• Must be able to treat & diagnose problems with, and repair equipment & the grounds, including:
• Major Appliances
• HVAC, with EPS Certification
• Roofs and gutters
• Irrigation maintenance and repairs
• Fountain maintenance and repairs
• Foundation/sidewalk repairs
• Ice/snow removal
• Golf carts and small engine maintenance
• Must be able to meet deadlines which may include late hours and weekends needed;
• Must be able to lead and motivate team members. Essential Duties
• Provides direct supervision, training & guidance to the on-site maintenance team members.
• Coordinates, delegates, and performs maintenance task such as; make-ready apartment homes, service tickets, and preventative maintenance.
• Troubleshoots and performs all necessary repairs to the apartment community.
Including, but not limited to, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, carpentry. Installations of a new appliance as needed.
• Organizes prioritizes & ensures service requests and repairs are made correctly and on time.
• Daily, ensures that the maintenance team represents Bainbridge cleaning and curb appeal standards.
• Inspects grounds, buildings, and other community features daily to minimize liability concerns
• Performs and completes the 'make-ready' process to prepare a vacant apartment home for move-in conditions.
• Maintains an excellent customer service relationship with residents, vendors, team members, and the community.
• Works with the Property Manager to obtain competitive bids for maintenance-related expenses
• Works with the Property Manager to handle maintenance-related resident problems.
• Understands and adheres to budgeted guidelines.
• Monitors inventory and maintain appropriate levels of parts and supplies.
• Maintains the staff's safety training and MSDS binder.
• Contracts use of outside vendors only when necessary.
• Possesses basic knowledge of local and state codes for permitting, signing ordinances, and pool regulations.
• Adheres to and enforces the company's personnel management policies and procedures.
• Communicates effectively with residents, coworkers, vendors, and the community.
• Assists with recruiting, hiring, and training of quality staff, recommend promotions and terminations when necessary.
• Will assist in other projects and activities as needed by the Maintenance Supervisor, Property Manager, Regional Manager, or any member of the Home Office.
• Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, lifting, moving. Simultaneously, carrying light to heavyweight material, appliances, equipment up to 50 pounds for variable distances. Climbing, ladders stairs, and walking on rooftops without endangering yourself, residents or coworkers. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping, and elbow motion). Must have a standard range of hearing, vision, color discrimination, and depth perception to operate appropriately and repair machines, wiring, and equipment. Must complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., back belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.).
• Will be exposed regularly to outdoor environment (i.e., heat, cold, damp, rain, snow, etc.). Will also have light to moderate exposure to injuries (i.e., chemicals, electrical, machinery, tools, lifting, etc.). Will be exposed to some low-level noise when using power tools. Hazards can be minimized with proper lifting techniques, MSDS, & general safety training, and the wearing of appropriate safety equipment.
Additional Job Requirements:
• A minimum of 4 years of experience as a supervisor in the multifamily housing industry or other building maintenance or field-related. Renovation experience could be required, depending on the property.
• A High School education or equivalent is required; a college degree is a plus but not a requirement.
• Ability to fluently read and write in English
• Accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions
• Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT) mandatory State of Florida and preferred in other states.
• Basic computer and Internet knowledge.
• Knowledge of RealPage Products, YieldStar, and Yardi products is preferred.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel; proficiency with Outlook.
• Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages.
• Must wear Maintenance apparel based on defined company standards.
• Appropriate safety equipment and apparel that includes proper footwear, such as work boots, is required.
Learning and Development
• Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth with Bainbridge's
Pathway to Promotion programs
Attendance and Travel
• Ability to work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, all fifty-two weeks of the year.
• Ability to be On-Call, as scheduled or as necessary.
• Ability to travel; required to drive on occasion for business-related needs, such as to purchase necessary supplies for the department and property; to attend various company gatherings or events; assist at sister properties, either in the general vicinity of your home property or in another state
• Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance are required; the position requires a vehicle to fulfill all job functions.
• CAMT (mandatory in the State of Florida)
• EPA certification Type 1 and Type 2
• Pest Control, if performed in house
• Other licenses and certifications as required by Bainbridge, Federal, and State laws.
• Use of general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to: hand tools, ladders, refrigerant recovery units, landscaping equipment, required safety equipment. ( All safety
equipment must be used without jeopardizing the safety of yourself, fellow team members, vendors or residents)
• Personal set of essential hand tools; tools not provided by the property.