Provides Physical Therapy services to patients by assisting in the assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation, related documentation, and communication.
Functions under supervision of the Physical Therapist.
· Ability to carry out treatment plans as designed by supervising therapist
· Ability to document daily care as per established guidelines.
· Ability to effectively communicate response to treatment intervention to residents,
family, and other team members.
Essential Job Functions: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Judgment and Quality
· Provides Physical Therapy services to residents under the supervision of a Physical Therapist in accordance with state regulations.
· Assists the Physical Therapist in the evaluation process in the areas of self care, homemaking, functional mobility and coordination. Assists in the evaluation of other areas as directed.
· Identifies indications for and assists in evaluations at appropriate intervals under the direction of the Physical Therapist.
· Conducts both individual and group treatment as assigned by the Physical Therapist and outlined in the treatment plan in the areas of ADL, functional mobility, ROM, strength, coordination, cognitive/perceptual remediation and functional maintenance.
· Assists in the selection of Physical Therapy techniques/media and in the sequence of activities, adapts techniques/media as indicated by resident performance and following consultation with the Physical Therapist. No major modification to the treatment plan is made without prior consultation with the Physical Therapist.
· Maintains acceptable resident care ratios as determined by the Physical Therapist.
· Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, department procedures and productivity standards.
· Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up of resident therapy programs.
· Assists with and participates in Continuous Quality Improvement program as required.
· Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
· Follows management direction.
Avante provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, Veterans' status, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender, genetic information or any other category protected by law. In addition to federal requirements, Avante complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Avante expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, Veterans' status or any other category protected by law. Improper interference with the ability of Avante's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline, up to and including, discharge.
The job skills required for Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) include physical therapy, Supervising, Confidentiality, Coordination, Self Care,and Communicates Effectively etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA). That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA). Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.